MixingLink Routing Options

Home Forums Products Stompboxes MixingLink Routing Options

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      dgsiii

Hey guys,

I have looked all over the net for an answer to this, but could not find anything definitive.

I am a singer-songwriter and thinking of adding a MixingLink to my set-up as a mixer for both microphone and guitar going into the PA.

Does the FX loop on the MixingLink send the combined signal of both the MIC XLR IN and the INSTRUMENT IN, or is there a way of setting it to send the signal from just one?

It seems that the signals are summed before sending to the FX but the manual also says: “The source for the DRY signal comes from either the MIC/LINE IN XLR connector or the INST IN 1⁄4” phone jack.” Hence my confusion.

Thank you!

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff
      dgsiii wrote:
      Does the FX loop on the MixingLink send the combined signal of both the MIC XLR IN and the INSTRUMENT IN?

Yes.

dgsiii wrote:
      Is there a way of setting it to send the signal from just one?

No. You would have to just connect one or the other.

dgsiii wrote:
      It seems that the signals are summed before sending to the FX but the manual also says: “The source for the DRY signal comes from either the MIC/LINE IN XLR connector or the INST IN 1⁄4” phone jack.” Hence my confusion.

Your assumption is correct. On page 8 of the manual just before EFFECTS LOOP CONNECTIONS it states, “when you insert a plug into the INST IN jack the input to the MIC pre-amp is mixed with the MIC/LINE input and the GAIN control act on both INST and MIC/LINE inputs simultaneously.”

dgsiii

Thank you so much for your reply. I understand fully now.

I would suggest, however, an amendment to the manual for the MK1 version. I believe it should say: “The source for the DRY signal comes from both the MIC/LINE IN XLR connector and the INST IN 1⁄4” phone jack.”

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.