Mod/Timefactor Win7 update problem

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Mod/Timefactor Win7 update problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      kokomiko

I tried to use the latest version of the update utility with my Modfactor and Timefactor Pedals. My comp has windows7 installed. The utility did neither recognize the timefactor nor the modfactor.  As Midi devices they were listed, but USB did not work. I tried several things like starting the programm as admin or/and in XP compatibilty mode but nothing helped. I ended up using the utility on an older MacBook I have. That worked.

Anyone and idea what I can do? Or does the utility only work on historic comps? 😉

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I'm going to guess that it is some kind of computer problem at your end. The fact that it applies to both pedals suggests it is probably not their hardware. You could try removing all other USB and MIDI cables.

If this is causing you big problems, speak to the nice man at support@eventide.com and he may have another approach.

kokomiko

I'm pretty sure that it's not my computer, cause I checked everything and also removed all other USB devices. The eventide devices are the only ones which are causing problems. All other devices , like for example an external HD, an iphone, a USB stick, a Korg keyboard , a Yamaha keybord, an m-audio card work and connect properly. To me it seems that the eventide software has problems with windows 7. With XP on the same Computer-Hardware it was working

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

There is one problem we have with Windows 7, in that about 1 in 1000 pedals are not recognized properly. We don't currently have a solution to this.

While it is unlikely that both your pedals have this problem, look under Device Manager and see if you can see them. They should show up as "TimeFactor Pedal" (as appropriate) under "Sound, video and game controllers".  If they do not, contact support@eventide.com, rather than this Forum.

If they do show up correctly, do as I asked in my last post, and (also) contact support@eventide.com

ryan.veitch
      Participant

I posted this issue here recently as well, but have still not been able to resolve it. I don't think the issue lies with the pedals, or as a hardware issue with the computer. I have no issues with any other USB devices, except TC Electronic Toneprint pedals. As far as I can tell, the issue lies with Windows 7 not loading the device drivers from the pedal. I may relate to some permission setting, but that is just conjecture. The common element, however, is that Win7 sees the pedals and recognizes them as USB audio devices but for whatever reason will not load the drivers. Thankfully I still have an old XP machine, but it is pretty inconvenient and I really hope a (simple) answer is found. Especially with the Windows app store (hopefully) on the way soon so I can buy some more algorithms.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.