Modfactor AC power plug problem

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Modfactor AC power plug problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      mcsmcs

Hi everybody, I'm having problems with the AC plug of my modfactor… it seems that the AC plug doesn't connect well to the AC input of the pedal and everytime the cable moves, the modfactor restarts… it does a quick power off and on… Any of you have had the same problem? Is it difficult to fix, any help about how I could get it fixed will be much appreciated… The power supply seems to be fine, so I guess the problem is at the AC input…

Thanks!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Modfactor has no AC plug – I assume you are referring to the power input.

This sounds like a bad connection in either the plug or socket. If your unit is still under warranty you should consider sending it in (support@eventide.com), or otherwise, have a handy friend with a soldering iron look at it – should be fairly obvious where the problem lies.

mcsmcs

Thaks for your reply… you're right, I meant to say the power input…The unit is out of warranty and I'm not very good at soldering and unmounting units, so maybe I'll look for someone who can do that… You mean that the socket may not be well soldered? Is it necessary to disassembly the internal board in order to be able to re-solder it? Do you think it's not a difficult thing to do if I take it to someone who deals with electronic stuff?

Thanks again

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It's probably a broken solder joint on the socket, or a damaged socket. Anyone handy should be able to deal with it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.