modfactor and pedal switcher ( no aux switcher)

Home Forums Products Stompboxes modfactor and pedal switcher ( no aux switcher)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi everyone, i was thinking of getting a pedal switcher like moen moen gec 9 or probably the Harley Benton FXL8, does anyone know how a multieffect like the modfactor will work with a switch  like that ?I don't want to use midi because i also have the EHX pog 2 and other pedals without midi, for example i found a beautiful organ sound using the rotary from the eventide plus the pog 2 and an overdrive and it will be very easy to use just one switch to engage all the three effects, so if i put the modfactor in one of the loop of the switcher will it work just like a regular single stomp box ? can i still use the preset  of the modfactor?

I hope that you can help me because i have no idea.

Thank' s a lot.

ndeshpande
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

So you're just trying to put the ModFactor in a bypass loop? That'll work, but keep in mind that the sound will only be effected when the bypass loop is engaged, and depending on the looper you may be limited to mono in/out. Essentially, you're restricted to the limitations of the bypass loop. 

Hi, thank' s a lot for your answer, i' m sorry but i don' t understand when you say :  depending on the looper you may be limited to mono in/out. Essentially,
      you're restricted to the limitations of the bypass loop.

Can you do an example ?

Thank' s again.

Hi, thank' s a lot for your answer, i' m sorry but i don 't understand very well when you say :

depending on the looper you may be limited to mono in/out. Essentially,
      you're restricted to the limitations of the bypass loop.

Could you please give me an example.

Thank' s again.

ndeshpande
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Hi,

if the looper you choose only has one input/output for a given send/return loop, you won't be able to use the ModFactor in stereo. What I'm trying to get at is, if for some reason one of the features on your ModFactor doesn't work the way it used to before you had it in your bypass loop, we can't be held responsible; there are many bypass loopers out there, it'd be impossible to try and predict/build the Factors to work with ALL of them. In reality, you should be fine, but you may lose some minor functionalities. 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.