Modfactor and Pitchfactor Andy Summer’s Modulation

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Modfactor and Pitchfactor Andy Summer’s Modulation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      jb4674

Hi Guys,

Has anyone been able to successfully emulate an Andy Summer's "Message in a Bottle" sound with just the ModFactor alone or even combining the ModFactor and the PitchFactor together?

Is the ModFactor able to get close to the sound of the Deluxe Electric Mistress alone?

If anyone has a Police patch, please post the settings or upload the file.  I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks Smile

I have one that I think is fairly close.  I have a Hartman Flanger that is a clone of the original Electric Mistress.  I sat down and went back and forth between the 2 pedals trying to get a similar tone.  It's pretty close but the EQ'ing is different between the 2 pedals.  Kind of like with an MXR Script Phase 90.  I sat down and went back and forth and I can get the speeds and depths roughly the same but there's a little extra something those old Analog Pedals do to the EQ'ing that the Modfactor doesn't do.  Anyway, if you're still looking for a patch I'm going to try to update my pedals to 3.5 this week and I'll see what the settings I came up with are when I do.

mmarinic

Did anyone ever get that Summers patch?  I too would like to emulate Summers' Electric Mistress tone using my H9 flanger model

Thanks

llemtt
      Participant

Technically speaking the most difficult point I encountered emulating the EM is the feedback path eq because there is a relevant first order low-cut filter in place (RC = 4n7*100k -> 338Hz!).

I haven’t still found a digital flanger effect that let me equalize the feedback like that and, unless I set feeback (aka color) near to zero, it sounds really different.

Cheers

Teo

brock
        Participant
        llemtt wrote:

Technically speaking the most difficult point I encountered emulating the EM is the feedback path eq because there is a relevant first order low-cut filter in place (RC = 4n7*100k -> 338Hz!).

I haven’t still found a digital flanger effect that let me equalize the feedback like that and, unless I set feeback (aka color) near to zero, it sounds really different.  Cheers  Teo

Have you tried using the H9/Timefactor Mod Delay?  FILTER in the negative range, flanger DELAY times, high (but not too high ) FEEDBACK?  I don’t know what the FILTER corner frequency is, and it’s not very steep.  But I’ve managed to wrangle some nice AD-220 Multi-Flange and Analog Delay presets out of it.

llemtt
      Participant

Thank you Brock!

That’s exactly what I actually do, It sounds very good indeed but more like an EM Deluxe than a plain EM (v2).

Now I just can’t remember but the Mod Delay filter is “high cut” only or “low cut” if turned counterclock?

Maybe this weekend I’ll give a try also using Vintage Delay.

Cheers

Teo

brock
      Participant

Unlike the manual / Info tab, Mod Delay FILTER swings positive & negative (hi-cut / low-cut).  I didn’t include Vintage Delay & Tape Echo (hi-cut only), or Digital Delay (because modulation is a completely different effect).

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.