Modfactor and Timefactor, expression pedal passing MIDI CC to second unit, min and max values

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Modfactor and Timefactor, expression pedal passing MIDI CC to second unit, min and max values

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      zedman

Hey, I have a Modfactor and a Timefactor and I want to be able to use a single expression pedal to control parameters with different minimum and maximum values in both.

OK so the Modfactor is first in line
      and Im controlling the Timefactor by sending MIDI CC  messages
      from the Modfactor.

I can get both units responding to the expression pedal by setting up the expression pedal in the Modfactor and then transmitting the MIDI CC messages to the Timefactor..

NOW HERES THE RUB. In the Modfactor I can set up the expression pedal to have different minimum and maximum values, however there appears to be no way to get a similar response in the Timefactor.

Ive read both manuals and I
      cant see any way of doing this which kinda limits the ability to use
      more then on Factor pedal at the same time.

Please if anyone can find a solution, or confirm my issue, that will be great.

Otherwise I guess its time to fit a new pot to my EB JNR and use it as a dual ganged expression pedal.

Thanks

Z

Ive read both manuals and I
      cant see any way of doing this which kinda limits the ability to use
      more then on Factor pedal at the same time.

Please if anyone can find a solution, or confirm my issue, that will be great.

Thanks

Z

Hi,

I have my Modfactor expression pedal setup to control Pitchfactor via midi.  I can program any parameter knob on the Pitchfactor by going to heel position and then turning parameter knob on Pitchfactor to set min value, then go to toe position and set max value on parameter knob.  Works fine.  You have to do a save on the Pitchfactor for it to stay programmed after preset change.  Can't see why it would be any different trying to control  the Timefactor the same way.

hope that helps

A

zedman

Hey A, thanks for the reply, I will have to try again.

Z

zedman

OK I just checked again before doing a firmware update and then I checked again.

The Timefactor pedal cannot have its knobs mapped to a MIDI CC with user adjustment of min and max values.

Another limitation, feature, characteristic, shortcoming or whatever you want to call it.

I guess now I have to look for a dual gang pot to go in my EB Jnr to compensate for this feature.

Its interesting that a similar function is implemented in the Pitchfactor but not in the Timefactor.

Im gonna guess the amounts of users effected by this would not warrant implementation in a firmware upgrade……….

Z

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi zedman,

It seems as though you're trying to do this the hard way.  You should just be sending the expression pedal control over MIDI CC like you are doing.  But you shouldn't have to do any specific knob MIDI CC programming.  Just save a TF preset with expression pedal mapping like you normally would if you weren't using expression pedal over MIDI. 

That is, once you confirm you're getting expression pedal control over MIDI, move the expression pedal to heel, and when the algorithm light blinks on the TF, move the knobs where you want them to be at  expression pedal heel.  Then move the expression pedal to Toe, and when the algorithm light blinks, move the knobs to where you want them to be at Toe. 

Let the pedal presets handle the complexity of expression pedal mapping, that's what they're good at 🙂

Does this help?

Hey Z,

I am doing exactly what Russell said (although he said it
      much better than I did) I should of used the word set instead of programming.  Do you have pdlock set to on in the utility
      menu?  I tuned my Pitchfactor pdlock to
      on and I cannot set parameters knobs with toe and heel step, when I turn it off
      it works.

A

zedman

WOOOHOOOO IT WORKS!!!!!

Thanks heaps for the help Fellas.

Maybe I dont think the same way as others, I woulda though mapping the CC to a knob was the right thing but sure enough mapping to the pedal works a treat.

OK so I should eat some humble pie and say this one looks like a case of E.S.O.- Equipment Superior to Operator!

Z

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.