Modfactor as midi clock?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Modfactor as midi clock?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      pjrvmg

I own a modfactor, and I am wondering if I can use the midi out to quantize my pigtronix infinity looper, which is set up to slave. If so, how do i do it? Simply connecting the two pedals with a midi cable and tapping the tap tempo does not do anything. Any help is very much appreciated!

gkellum
      Participant

Is your ModFactor configured to send out MIDI clock?  The MIDI Output Mode should be set to Transmit.  You can find this setting in H9 Control under Pedal Settings / MIDI Settings / MIDI Output Mode.  You can also adjust it on the ModFactor itself; check the user manual for instructions on how to do so.

I can't help with the Pigtronix configuration.  I don't know anything about that product.

brock
      Participant

I have an Infinity looper, if you’re still having issues (after setting the ModFactor to XMT).  The Infinity should sync automatically when it receives MIDI Clock.  It’ll start sync’ing at the next full measure [default: 4/4].

If you adjust the tempo BPM wildly on the MF, the Infinity will gradually adjust to the new tempo setting (by design).  If you lose MIDI Clock to it – for any reason – the Infinity will try to hold that last sensed tempo internally.  Eventually, it will begin to drift.

pjrvmg

Thank you both. I will have to dig up my Modfactor user manual and set the midi clock to external. Thanks again.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.