Modfactor bypass: DSP+FX

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Modfactor bypass: DSP+FX

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Will you be adding DSP+FX bypass on next release.  It would be useful with Undualtor patches with long trails.  You could turn the effect to bypass and still hear trails while playing over said trails, that would sound pretty cool intead of just cutting of trails when switching to bypass.  Maybe have spillover too when switching between presets.

Thanks,

A

Anyone want to take a stab at this, or are there any MF owners that would find this useful (just curious).

Thanks,

A

tomdarch

Of course!  I haven't played around with the undulator much, but I guess I assumed that it would default to continuing when switched to bypass or a different effect.

groove guru

I just started programming patches with my MF and TF and ran into the same problem.  

I really need some spillover with the undulator.  I was very disappointed after searching for the spillover control in vain.

The sounds are great in the MF, but we need a mix control also.  Intensity doesn't blend the dry signal as a mix could.  

groove guru

I just wanted to say that although I do really want the features that I request, I have no idea how difficult it may or may not be to add these functions to the MF.  I am blessed that I even have to the opportunity to request such features.  A lot has changed in my thirty years of playing. Beer 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry guys – it's hard to add spillover to a modulation effect. It essentially requires a copy of each effect running at the same time, which halves the resources available.

Essentially you have a choice between lesser effects with spillover, or greater effects without. Rightly or wrongly, we chose the second.

I can understand the spillover limitations and agree it is better to have greater effects without spillover.  I was really interested in the Bypass+FX for use with Undualtor patches, do the same limitations apply?  You could get some great dynamics letting Undualtor trail off while playing lets say an overdriven riff over it.

Thanks,

Anthony

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Bypass+FX is feasible because you don't have to have a second effect running during the fadeout, so my previous comments don't apply. I'll add it to the list….

tomdarch

Duh!  (Slap self in forehead!)  But Undulator spillover when switched to bypass is also a "duh!"  Thanks!

(Hmmm… This does point to a future Modfactor2 with double the hardware resources – 2 effects simultaneously, effect-to-effect spillover….  Arrrgh!  More wallet damage!)

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

But then people will want two simultaneous effects, each with spillover on preset change, requiring 3/4 effects, etc, etc…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.