Modfactor envelope question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Modfactor envelope question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      GtrWiz

is there any way to make the envelope close faster? It seems that it doesn't fully close unless you totally deaden the strings… 

Crysstalized
      Participant

I'd love to see user definable decay times. Both slower and faster.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

GtrWiz,
      Try the ADSR instead of the envelope, detects a high or low signal level and either opens compeletely or closes completely depending.

Crysstalized,
      We were out of knobs for attack and release controls, however I supposed we could add options like Slow Env, Fast Env, Slow ADSR, Fast ADSR. Do you think that's important?

Dan

Crysstalized
      Participant

Thanks for the response, Dan. A slow/fast Env would be a step in the right direction. For me, I don't use any ADSR. Personally, I would love to see the bottom row of controls do either (1) control a separate LFO in parallel or series to the first LFO–and not wiggle it first one. That would be great for Phaser, Flange. (2) have the second row control extra features on effects like Q-wah (env attack, release, etc). I appreciate you guys putting in the random LFO feature which is really cool, and feel that it covers the unusual effects well–so much so that I don't need a second LFO that wiggles–I think that's the technical term the manual uses 🙂 –the first. The effects could be much more tweakable having those knobs control other things.

I'm an FX tweaker for sure, but can't find many usable features of the current second LFO. It would be important to have extra controls like Env attack, release, delay time/manual for the chorus/flange and not just offset (I play in mono), volume boost for Tremolo, maybe an EQ for the rotary that goes from flat to having the notched response of the crossover in a real Leslie, and many more. We appreciate you all listening to your customers. Thanks.

GtrWiz

Thanks Dan, ADSR is new to me, and I'm not sure what it means… I'll give it a try and report back.

As far as the 2nd LFO is concerned, I think it's great in some places. Without it you couldn't get the univibe sound to throb, and I doubt the rotary would be much good without it. But the Q-wah could definitely benifit by having extra controls. 

elliot
      Participant

I have only had the chance to play with my ModFactor for a couple of hours, but the results I got were very similar when switching between Envelope and ADSR.

I think it would be much better to:

Keep the second LFO parameters on the bottom row of knobs when the user has selected Envelope.

Replace the second LFO parameters on the bottom row of knobs with parameters for Attack, Decay, Sustain, and Release when the user has selected ADSR.

This is how I thought it actualy worked when hearing about an ADSR feature.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.