Modfactor Expression Pedal Question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Modfactor Expression Pedal Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      JohnnyCNote

Can the expression pedal be used to directly control the sweep? For example, instead of the effect sweeping on its own, can that be bypassed and instead controlled with the pedal? I have an old MuTron Flanger that does this, but I’d like to find something newer. Thanks… http://www.vintageguitar.com/wp-content/uploads/12-MUTRON.jpg

LA Keys
      Participant

Yes…

You can control just about any parameters associated with the 10 knobs, controls multiples parameters at a time (at your choice), and also select the range individually for each controlled parameters.

Best would be for you to download the user manual here: (The answer to your question is on page 20)

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads?field_product_nid=689&field_language_tid=All&field_platform_tid=All

The ModFactor is also much more than just a flanger, but you probably already know that…

LA

JohnnyCNote

I guess what I’m looking for is control over a function that is typically not assigned to a specific knob. What I want is a way to freeze the sweep in the shape that the flanger follows, and then manipulate it with the pedal. The picture I linked to shows a flanger with a dedicated pedal that may help illustrate what I’m talking about…

LA Keys
      Participant

I’ve had a closer look at the mutron and I believe that the “SWEEP” settings appear to be about the same as the “depth” setting of the ModFactor. Then if you want to control the “sweep” with an expression pedal you will have to set the “SHAPE” to “exp pdl” on the ModFactor. This is basically bypassing the internal modulation source, about the same way as what is done with the Mutron.

You can then certainly use the ModFactor in a similar way as the Mutron. The big question here is that because they have different filters they will not sound exactly the same. This is a matter of personal choice. Then I’m sure you can do much more with the ModFactor because there’s much more ways to modify the sound with it. You will have to judge by yourself and best is to try one and play with it at the store.

LA

JohnnyCNote

Thanks for the reply! I should have said that I wanted something that would contrast in sound from the MuTron. My primary interest is finding something with the same pedal control functionality as the MuTron. I’m also looking into some other possibilities, so one way or another I’ll find something that will work…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.