Modfactor + GCP

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Modfactor + GCP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      satch4u3

Hi guys,

I am not sure if this is a GCP thing or a Modfactor thing so I am going to post here as well as the Voodoo Labs forum.

I am controlling multipul devices via midi with the GCP, the Modfactor being one of them. I have RCV CTRL channel on the MF recive on midi channel 3. Also, I have the BYP option under Midi set to responde to CC 8. On the GCP, it is set to communicate to the MF on midi channel 3 and Instant Access switch 8 turns the MF on and off. And it does turn it off and on. Perfect!

But here is the problem.

According to the GCP when Instant Access 8 is off the MF is ON. When Instant Access 8 is on the MF is OFF. It's almost like it is inverted. Even when I try and trick it by saving a preset on the GCP with Instant Access 8 on and change back and forth from preset to preset, it will still, by default, always turn the MF on no matter what the state of Instant Access 8 is.

Is there some setting I am missing?? Again this could be a GCP configuration issue but I thought that I would post here first to see if any of you have seen this before.

Thanks,

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I think it depends what you mean by ON. On the MF, when BYPASS is ON you get no effect. If this disagrees with your GCP, try ACTIVE on the MF, which is the opposite of BYPASS.

satch4u3

How do I choose ACTIVE over BYPASS on the ModFactor? BYP is the only option to choose under RCV CTRL that will turn the pedal off and on.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Depends on what software you have. The latest, V3.0, has an ACT value towards the end of the list that will give you ACTIVE.

satch4u3

I had a chance to fool around with it some more this eveing and figured it out. After I changed the setting to ACT, it is now correctly corresponding with the lights on my GCP. On is now on and off is now off. I was using my ModFactors manual when I was initially fooling around with this and it dosen't have the ACT setting in there. I guess the manual is pre-firmware version 3.0.

I was still having an issue where everytime I changed my presets on the GCP, if that preset was configured to call up a ModFactor preset, it would activate the MF on everytime. Even if I had the preset programed not to. anyhow the solution was to change my IA7 button(Where I active and bypass my MF) from Normal to XMT With Preset. After chaning that everything works great!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.