modfactor how to bypass via midi? help!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes modfactor how to bypass via midi? help!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Lono

Hello all,

I am in love with ModFactor sounds!

I just can't see to figure out how to program it to do what I want.

Example

I want;

prog. 0 on my midi pedal = 1.1 Bank on Modfactor (active) and prog 0 on my other midi device

prog.1 on my midi pedal = 1.2 Bank on Modfactor (bypass) and prog 1 on my other midi device

etc, and so forth..any help is appreciated and I also downloaded the new software version in to my unit.  thanks all!

Mark

achaput

Hi Lono,

To change Presets AND Bypass your Factor pedal your MIDI Pedal must send a Program Change (to change the Preset) and a MIDI CC message (To Bypass.) Can you set your MIDI Pedal up to send both of these messages with one button press?

groove guru

I'm using a Musicomlab EFX MKII that sends PC and CC messages and it will not bypass the Modfactor.

I can change presets just fine.

Is there a way to set up the Modfactor to bypass via midi?

I've tried setting the CC to "0" but that doesn't work.

groove guru

BTW, I cannot bypass my Timefactor via midi. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Not quite sure what you mean by "bypass the Modfactor."

If you mean that you want the MIDI stuff to go into the MF input and come out of its output (i.e. pass through unchanged), you must set MIDI OUTPUT to THRU (see User Manual).

This does mean that the MF will not generate any MIDI – if you want it to do this you will need to connect a MIDI Merge box on its output, rather than the THRU.

groove guru

Just to clarify, I want to bypass the processing just like stepping on the bypass switch.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It depends on what software version you have and how you want to drive it, but if you look at MIDI [RCV CTL] on p.32 of the User Manual, you should get the idea.

There are more MIDI Bypass options in the latest software (2.4.1[5]) – look at the release notes for information on this.

groove guru

I just had that aha moment after all the helpful responses.

I'm a midiot for sure!

I am getting somewhere even if it's where I want to go.

I can bypass with midi, but it bypasses every preset instead of just one. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The MIDI bypass bypasses the whole unit, not just a single preset.

If you want to bypass just the current preset, you might want to consider MIDI-ing the INTENSITY knob, which will cause it to be semi-bypassed when set to 0.

groove guru

Yes, that is the EASY way for sure.

But there has got to be a way to send a bypass message with one CC and an activate with another CC message.  Maybe not.

I would really feel more comfortable seeing BYPASS on the display when I set it to bypass.

It's nice to have visual indicators for presets. 

groove guru

OK, I got both the MF and the TF to bypass with the controller!

When I switch to my default dry signal preset both unit displays say BYPASS.

That was confusing but it works. 

Well, the way I am doing this is using the preset program mapping in the midi section for my program changes. The ability to bypass in the program mapping was added in the new beta software. This give you the option to bypass by setting up one of your patches as a bypass to the unit, therefore not affecting the program change in your 2nd midi unit. 

aka my midi pedal; 1 changes the eventide to 2:1, midi pedal 2 changes it to bypass, etc. This is by far the quickest and easiest way to do this.

By the way excellent job eventide!! I hope that you guys are working on a pedal form of the Eclipse for guitar!! I will be the first in line for it.

groove guru

That works great!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.