Modfactor…I’m soooo confused

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Modfactor…I’m soooo confused

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      rloschiavo

I have read the manual several times and I still have many questions.  I wish there was someone I could speak to, as , I'm thinking, this process is going to be long and arduous.  The manual that comes with this unit is far from adequate. 

When I start my pedal I have 50 presets.  The manual says there are only 20 please explain.   Are these presets or preset spaces where I can put my own in?  At this point in time there are about 5 of the factory presets I like and want to use.  I want quick access to them without having to scroll thru 50!

I've tried re-arranging and limiting  them using the Factor Pedal Librarian (downloaded from your site) When I try to save my changes  to the pedal the display panel shows "BAD!!!" and nothing happens.

Also is there a difference between "factory presets" and, what I will call, "user presets" and how do I tell the difference.

I love the sounds I can get from this pedal but if I can't use it efficiently in a live performance, it is useless to me.  At around $400 cost, that doesn't make me very happy.

Somebody, Please help!!!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Please make sure that you are using the latest software (see Support section of product Web Site page), and that you are looking at the latest version of the manual. These products are updated frequently, so you need to be sure you have the latest and best and read the manual carefully and often. If you follow this advice, all these problems would disappear.

rloschiavo:

When I start my pedal I have 50 presets.  The manual says there are only 20

Initially there were 20 Banks (40 presets). later versions have 50 banks (100 presets).  These are provided as Factory Presets, but each can be overwritten with User Presets.

rloschiavo:

I want quick access to them without having to scroll thru 50!

If you look at p.40 of the UM, it will tell you how to restrict the number of banks – this will help you here.

rloschiavo:

When I try to save my changes  to the pedal the display panel shows "BAD!!!" and nothing happens.

This means that you do not have the latest version of FactorLib and pedal software – there are some incompatibilities between versions.

rloschiavo

Thanks for the answers on the 50 vs 40 presets that is helpful.

Page 40 of my User Manual is the last page…"Limited Warranty".  I

Regarding my effort to using File-lib. I have the latest version of Filelib but not the latest version of the Modfactor software. I will update it to see if that helps.  If that works and I am able to limit the presets to 5 will I be able to get the other 45 back when I want to?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

rloschiavo:

Page 40 of my User Manual is the last page…"Limited Warranty".  I

My mistake – I'd decided you had a TimeFactor at that point and was looking at the wrong manual. Try p.36.

rloschiavo:

not the latest version of the Modfactor software. I will update it to see if that helps.

It will. You should download the presets to the computer again when you have upgraded.

rloschiavo:

will I be able to get the other 45 back when I want to?

You will. Just set the [BANKS] value to the original again.

rloschiavo

OK I tried to do an update …..now I cant do a thing with it.  I cant get it out of "update" mode. It won't even reset!

How do I get it out of update mode

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Try the update again (several times if necessary). Make sure you are using the latest version of the downloader.

If it still does not work, reply with a FULL description of everything you see and do.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.