Modfactor issue – FX Loop phasing issue with Trem/Pan

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Modfactor issue – FX Loop phasing issue with Trem/Pan

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      jeffinaustin

Most of the effects sound really nice in the FX Loop of my Fuchs ODS. BUT the Trem/Pan, which sounds excellent in front of my amp sounds out of phase. There's an overtone in the sound that can't be dialed out. When I turn the parrallel loop off on the amp the overtone goes away so I know it's coming from the Modfactor.

The unit has quite a bit of self-noise going in the front of the amp with the dirty channel (even when the effet is off), so it'd be nice to get this fixed so that it can be used in the loop.

asaunders
      Participant

I may be wrong and haven't tried this myself, but is this an unavoidable problem of sample latency? the signal going into the parallel effects loop ends up being delayed by a very small but necessary sample buffer as it goes through the A/D and then D/A converters in the ModFactor. Running it in series will keep the entire chain delayed by the same amount of time.

asaunders
      Participant

Does this still happen if you set KILLDRY to on? If the dry signal is returning from the effect loop that may also cause this problem. Does the problem go away if you set your effects loop to series?

Can you tell us more about the self-noise when in front of the amp?

jeffinaustin

Yes – still happens with Killdry on.  It's only on that one effect.  The noise in front is just short of a hiss.  It's definitely present but not a deal killer by any stretch.  It's just not completely quiet.  More noticeable (obviously) when I'm on the dirty channel.

Jeff

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Jeff,

The problem is indeed the parallel effects loop with tremolo.  I know some FUCHS amps have switchable series/parallel loops.  If you put it in series the problem should go away.

Let me know if this helps.

Dan

jeffinaustin

Is this something that can be fixed via a software update?  The Timefactor sounds SO much better to my ears in killdry mode in the parrallel loop than it does in series.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.