ModFactor ModFilter – Ship Ahoy?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes ModFactor ModFilter – Ship Ahoy?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Burger666

I've been trying to nail the Ship Ahoy sound that Frank Zappa pulled on Shut Up 'N Play Yer Guitar. I can get pretty close using the ModFilter's lowpass setting with the Intensity backed off to around 16 and the Depth around the 60ish mark, but Frank's sound is far more pronounced to the point where it has an almost percussive quality about it. So my question is: Is it possible, in future updates, to improve the ModFilter to this degree? Thanks.

I was messing around with something similar using the Q-Wah with a 'sample & hold' shape sync'd to 16th notes.

omg zappa… yes i want that sound too

googling the concensus appears he used an oberheim vcf and a sample and hold

i have an evil idea, strictly commercial…

what if we donated toward the development of this preset?

I'd paypal $5 to download that one

shane-eventide:

I'd paypal $5 to download that one

How about a pair of zircon-encrusted tweezers?

Burger666

digitalkettle:

I was messing around with something similar using the Q-Wah with a 'sample & hold' shape sync'd to 16th notes.

Yep, I've since discovered that the Q-Wah can do the job a little better. Just a little. I'd kill for an Oberheim VCF sim though. And $5 sounds reasonable to me! 🙂

haha

i had an idea… how about using xnob for sensitivity and letting speed stay speed?

or maybe adjust speed on another wave… then when you move to adsr it saves your speed ? something ingenius….

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.