Modfactor: Problem with unit crashing and shutting down

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Modfactor: Problem with unit crashing and shutting down

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      John McCabe

I recently updated Modfactor to ver 3. When I 'm naming a preset, the LED screen flashes strange characters, then shuts down. I reloaded ver 3 and still have the problem occasionally. It does not shut down when creating a preset (so far), only when naming. Any ideas?

Thanks!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Make sure that you are using the supplied power supply. Otherwise, you will probably need to contact support@eventide.com

John McCabe

I'm using the Eventide power supply. The crash only occurs when I rotate the Encoder knob when naming, but not during any other operation (so far). I"ll continue to run it for a bit longer to see if it acts up in other ways.

I have the "exact" same issue with my Pitchfactor.  I'm also using the Eventide power supply and it only happens when naming a patch.  No other knobs or features effect it.  Everything works fine except in the middle of naming a patch it just shuts off.  It's very weird.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Make sure you have the very latest software (3.0.0[19] ). See the UM to find out how to check your version. There was an earlier version that misbehaved if you moved the encoder too far. Also, be sure to re-initialize the machine after this update.

If neither of the above is the issue, you should contact support@eventide.com – we can't help you further here.

John McCabe

Hey Nick,

Thanks for the response. I'm heading out of town for a week, but will get back to you with the results. 

Many thanks!

John

I have the latest software on mine.  I'm not sure what you mean about re-initialize the machine after the update though?  I did the update some time ago and then powered it off and back on.  Checked to make sure it said the new software version (which it did) and then began programming it.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Under "Restoring Factory Settings" in the UM. This should not really be necessary, but is often a good idea to blow away the cobwebs after an upgrade, or if you are having problems.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.