ModFactor – Q-wah settings for emulating Q-tron or other AutoFilter pedals

Home Forums Products Stompboxes ModFactor – Q-wah settings for emulating Q-tron or other AutoFilter pedals

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      bobritsky

Hello world!

I have ModFactor that I’m pretty happy with. Only thing is missing for me – I cannot get descent AutoFilter sound based on attack of my playing.

Like Q-tron or other pedals.

Problem is that decay time of effect is tooooooo long with any Sensitivity setting. I’d like to make it less. Is there a way to do it?

My settings closest to what I want – BASS WAH, ENVELOPE, SENSE depending on instrument – somwhere in the middle. It quacks good but rolls back to bottom very slow.

Bodde
      Participant
      bobritsky wrote:

Hello world!

I have ModFactor that I’m pretty happy with. Only thing is missing for me – I cannot get descent AutoFilter sound based on attack of my playing.

Like Q-tron or other pedals.

Problem is that decay time of effect is tooooooo long with any Sensitivity setting. I’d like to make it less. Is there a way to do it?

My settings closest to what I want – BASS WAH, ENVELOPE, SENSE depending on instrument – somwhere in the middle. It quacks good but rolls back to bottom very slow.

To be honest I think the autowah and filter algos in the H9 can be improved a lot. I have tried it many times but I can’t get really good envelope filters sound out of it. Especially not for bass. Since I have my H9 I already bought two other envelope pedals that are much better for what I want.

I hope someday Eventide will make a really great envelope filter algo for the H9.

camn
      Participant

what other pedals?

camn
      Participant

which is dopest? I want a dope envelope filter. In college I had one, but I forget what it was….

bobritsky
      camn wrote:

what other pedals?

Well lots of them. One common thing – they do autofilter stuff better than ModFactor. I’ve tried following:

Q-tron and Doctor Q from ElectroHarmonix

SnowWhite from Mad Proffessor

Source Audio Spectrum

all of them allow to operate with decay time which is totally missing in ModFactor. I’m sure that it is possible to implement in such a powerful Eventide product.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.