Modfactor: selective tap tempo control

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Modfactor: selective tap tempo control

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      dustinchang

Hi, new here to the forum, had a question regarding the use of an Aux switcher and the Modfactor.  I am currently using a  T1M switcher by Dan Burgess, meaning a 5 button switch, one being a master tap tempo, which I use to sync up both a modfactor and a timefactor.  I always want the tempo synced up for the timefactor, but for the modfactor, I only want specific modulations to receive the tapped tempo, such as the tremolo or the vibrator.  Effects such as the filters and flangers, I want the speed to remain the same.  Is there any way to sync this so only specific patches receive a tempo change if the tap tempo is used?  I have the global tempo turned off.

brock
      Participant
      Quote:
      I always want the tempo synced up for the timefactor, but for the modfactor, I only want specific modulations to receive the tapped tempo, such as the tremolo or the vibrator.  Effects such as the filters and flangers, I want the speed to remain the same.

Fascinating question.  I totally 'get' why you would want to set up it up this way.  The bad news is:  I couldn't manage to figure out how to pull this off, using the aux switches alone.

Quote:
      Is there any way to sync this so only specific patches receive a tempo change if the tap tempo is used?

It'll cost you one MIDI cable and some configuration time.  Let me know if you're *not* using MIDI for anything else, and you're open to some setup and experimentation.  I've tested the idea here using the PitchFactor and another device, and it seems to work.

The basic concept is to use the Aux switch to *only* control MIDI BPM in the Timefactor.  Then, the Modfactor is controlled by the TF MIDI Clock (or not); depending on whether the preset is saved with TMP: ON or TMP: OFF.

caveman
      Participant

I've been doing selective tap control from a timefactor to a pitchfactor for over a year, it works great.  Tap pedal installed on timefactor, MIDI cable to pitchfactor, MIDI clock on.  When I want pitchfactor to be tap controlled, I use a preset that was stored with the tempo light "on".  It works as if the tap pedal is installed on both.  If it want the pitchfactor to ignore the tap tempo, I use a preset with stored with the tempo light "off".

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.