ModFactor Startup problem

Home Forums Products Stompboxes ModFactor Startup problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Nino Sau

My ModFactor won’t startup properly. After I put in the Eventide power supply, it just displays dots in the 2nd column of the display. I tried restoring factory settings and putting it I to update mode but they both don’t work. I tried unplugging the ribbon cable and spraying contact cleaner before reseating it but I’m sti getting the same problem. I hope somebody can point me to the right direction. I love this pedal. It’s an essential part of my sound.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Nino Sau wrote:
      My ModFactor won't startup properly. After I put in the Eventide power supply, it just displays dots in the 2nd column of the display. I tried restoring factory settings and putting it I to update mode but they both don't work. I tried unplugging the ribbon cable and spraying contact cleaner before reseating it but I'm sti getting the same problem. I hope somebody can point me to the right direction. I love this pedal. It's an essential part of my sound.

Can Eventide Direct Updater recognize your pedal via USB cable when your pedal is in the UPDATE mode?

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Does the Eventide Direct Updater recognize your ModFactor when you power it up and connect via USB?

Does it recognize your ModFactor when the pedal is powered into UPDATE mode? To enable the software update, power up while

pressing the Middle Footswitch until [UPDATE] is displayed.

Nino Sau

Update: I disassembled the unit and sprayed contact cleaner into the ribbon connector as advised in the H9 Facebook group and now when I plug it in, all the LEDs light up but it reminds lit up and it still doesn’t boot up properly. 🙁

Nino Sau
      bohan wrote:
      Nino Sau wrote:
      My ModFactor won't startup properly. After I put in the Eventide power supply, it just displays dots in the 2nd column of the display. I tried restoring factory settings and putting it I to update mode but they both don't work. I tried unplugging the ribbon cable and spraying contact cleaner before reseating it but I'm sti getting the same problem. I hope somebody can point me to the right direction. I love this pedal. It's an essential part of my sound.

Can Eventide Direct Updater recognize your pedal via USB cable when your pedal is in the UPDATE mode?

I can’t get it to update mode, unfortunately.

Nino Sau
      bohan wrote:

Does the Eventide Direct Updater recognize your ModFactor when you power it up and connect via USB?

Does it recognize your ModFactor when the pedal is powered into UPDATE mode? To enable the software update, power up while

pressing the Middle Footswitch until [UPDATE] is displayed.

When it’s to put it into update mode, I just get the same dots in column 2 of the display the same way it does when I power the unit up without pressing the middle footswitch.

My computer doesn’t recognize it because I can’t put it into update mode.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Nino Sau wrote:
      Update: I disassembled the unit and sprayed contact cleaner into the ribbon connector as advised in the H9 Facebook group and now when I plug it in, all the LEDs light up but it reminds lit up and it still doesn't boot up properly. 🙁

Does the Direct Updater recognize your ModFactor when it's connected via USB? It doesn't have to be in UPDATE mode.

If not, sounds like this unit needs to be sent in and repaird. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.