Modfactor – Tremelo setting for Greenday

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Modfactor – Tremelo setting for Greenday

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      msurry
      Participant

Hi,

has anyone got close to the Greenday tremelo setting on Boulevard of Broken Dreams?  I;ve tried but still really feeling my way around with all the knobs and possibilities….

Anyone got near it?

Thanks

Mike

achaput

Try these settings-

Intensity 99

Type "BIas"

Depth 99

Speed 1/8

Shape "Square"

Xnob 0

DMod 75

Smod 1

Mod Rate 0.500

Mod Source "Ramp"

(Tempo ON)

msurry
      Participant

Thanks will give this a go.

Is this the best place for sharing presets? I had a look but couldn;t find that many that decribe cleary the tone they are tryng to create (I have a Timefactor too and am struggling a bit with the same thing).

FOr delay, I am after a really basic delay to add a bit of depth – when I try most of the delay settings they sound too 'modulated/chorusey' for my taste if you know what I mean….

Thx.

brock
      Participant

Rumor has it that Green Day used an AdrenaLinn – Preset 140 – Tremolo Sequence 11.  I'm not so sure that preset reflects the settings that I hear.  I came much closer with the PitchFactor, preceded by a distorted Bogner Uberschall model.

There are a few ways to go about it with the PF.  Here's one that takes advantage of the strings' natural decay. [ Fm / Fm | A / A | E / E | B / B ] :

GreenDayBoBD

Mix = WET:100

Pitch Mix = A10+B10

Pitch A = ArpA: OFF

Pitch B = ArpB: OFF

Delay A = GrvA: A07

Delay B = GrvB: B07

(encoder) = PEGGIATR / TMP ON (~ 85 BPM)

Depth / Key = ATK:  5-10

Speed / Scale = LN: 1/64

Xnob = FXA: OFF

Ynob = FXB: OFF

brock
      Participant

To be fair, the ADR III preset 140 actually does pull off the Green Day riff – in its initialized state.  That's what I get for tweaking or replacing all of the factory presets!

It has an somewhat slow attack/decay envelope on each sequence step [3-3 out of a possible 9-9].  So the PitchFactor preset above can emulate this softened attack with a Speed / Scale setting as low as ATK: -5.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.