ModFactor TZF Through Zero Flanging Audio Demo!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes ModFactor TZF Through Zero Flanging Audio Demo!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      yes9310

Well thanks to Dan Gillespie, Sr. DSP Engineer at Eventide who suggested how to tweak the ModFactor to get the House Buring Down type TZF Through Zero Flanger sound with the deep cancellation as heard on Jimi Hendrix's "House Burning Down", "Axis Bold As Love", Lenny Kravit'z "Are You Gonna Go My Way", etc. Using Dan's suggestion has it nailed!

The exact tone may not be 100% accurate due to other gear used in the demo but the ZTF effect is definitely there with flying colors and it can be further shaped endlessly to make the flange effect ring more or less and have other shapes that are even more pronounced. Thanks Dan for listening and helping! Full explanation on link below about how to pull it off.

Check it out ModFactor TZF Demo

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
      Frank

Also, Eventide folks, I hope you don't mind me borrowing pics of the MF and links to your demo to add to my page to show what else it does. If so, let me know and I'll remove it.

asaunders
      Participant

Nice one! Thanks for sharing!

yes9310

Thanks!

madeski
      Participant

So does using the right out have any effect on any other of the effects? Does this mess with the chorus or phasers?

llemtt
      Participant

How can we do that on H9? Does the “output 2 trick” works?

I would like to put an H9 in place of a ModFactor…

Thanks

llemtt
      Participant

Wow fantastic! Many thanks. Unfortunately I’ve noticed I have to stay with a ModFactor because H9 can’t manage effect loops signals greater than +4dBu 🙁

Just one more doubt about “pre-post” configurations, does the “house burning down” sound still works in “post” configuration?

brock
        Participant
        llemtt wrote:
        … Just one more doubt about “pre-post” configurations, does the “house burning down” sound still works in “post” configuration?

I don’t know.  I split off dry, and run stereo FX chains in parallel; out to a mixer.

My entire pre-post experience consists of one brief testing period.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.