Monolithic question

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development Monolithic question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
      tonyshred
      Participant

Is there a way to tell the H8000 to go into monolithic mode.

When I make a patch that loads in one dsp, and then I add a couple of other modules, say about ten, and about eight of them are interface modules, the patch doesn't load at all.

So why doesn't the unit go into monolithic?

Thanks

Tony 

IDeangelis

Hi Tony

you can't choose monolithic mode. It's an automatic function.

The reasons why your sigfile doesn't load as monolithic may be many. It's not really about the number of modules in general, with some exception IF the sigfile is really huge. Maybe your sigfile is right on the verge to exhaust any of the resources but it hasn't crossed the border yet. You can try a trick to force monolithic mode. Add an unconnected delay module at the end of the sigfile. That might balance resources in a way the H8000 has to go monolithic.

Obviously we are talking in a very general way here, without looking at the sigfile….. 

warm regards

I

ulfiyya
      Participant

Hi,
      I heave GTR 4000 and if i send files to it no problem, but if i want to get it?
      I see sended decoded file but it come not in vsig.
      i tryed with version 2 an laste one.
      thanks.
      ulfiyya

IDeangelis

Hi

it should work. You don't describe your setup…MIDI or SERIAL?

Are the serial settings the same on both the 4000 and the PC?

????

I

ulfiyya
      Participant

I used from midi.

What do you mime about serial settings? i always used without problems until now.

Thanks,

ulfiyya

IDeangelis

Ok, you use MIDI.

Try using the same Vsig version that always worked.

Try power_cycling the computer and the 4000.

Maybe you changed something in your computer MIDI configuration?

Connect *both* MIDI cables directly to the Eventide, no other MIDI device in between.

best

I

IDeangelis

Please do not receive multiple copies of the same message. You sent this one 3 times already.

thanks

I

ulfiyya
      Participant

I'm sorry i get wrong info.

I tryed again hi received files some time and sended decoded file but come nothing in vsig editor..

I fixed internal in GTR.

Best

ulfiyya
      Participant

I tryed again and nothing.

Do you heave a factory presets of gtr in vsigfile? if not maybe bank 8 Alternatieve reverbs please or a solution.

And is it possible to read gtr files of gtr via vsig or memory card in H 8000?

Thanks!

Ulfiyya

IDeangelis

Ulfiyya

GTR 4000 factory presets can be properly "get/send" using latest Vsigfile version and the H8000 loads them fine.

Factory Library Cards Presets are protected! So you can't use Vsigfile to swap them between different Eventides. You should use an original Factory Library Card and will work in all Eventides.

Now, IF you are trying to get presets from the internal memory of the GTR4000 to Vsigfile and it's not working, you need to setup your machine/computer correctly. We do not provide factory algorithms as sigfiles. They are in your machine.

Maybe you can try to reinit your GTR4000. Or reset/uninstall your MIDI interface on your computer and do a clean install of it. You could also test different MIDI cables, making sure that both MIDI IN and OUT are connected. Other than that, we can't help you w/your computer configuration.

all the best

I

ulfiyya
      Participant

Thanks.

I don't heave any problems with midi devices. I tryed the fix internal, is thius correct?

I don't get'send from memory card , i know that.Is there anther way to fix the gtr?

Thanks!

ulfiyya

ulfiyya
      Participant

And how can i reinit the GTR?

ulfiyya

IDeangelis

If the computer and the Eventide are not properly communicating there are ONLY 2 possible causes:

-MIDI interface is not working correctly (how can you tell it's working fine?)

-the GTR is not working properly

FIX INTERNAL should not be used for communication problems. This function addresses memory problems and has nothing to do with MIDI and Vsig.

best

I

IDeangelis

As your manual tells you, under SERVICE you'll find the CLEAR SETUP function. This brings the unit back to factory defults without erasing your presets.

Or you can try a full reinitialization by pressing and holding the 8 key at power on. You may want to wait until you see 4000 in the display to press the 8 key.

This function will erase your presets.

Whatever procedure you will use, it's always a good thing to backup your presets before!

best

I

ulfiyya
      Participant

I know about reinit and clear setup, sorry.

I try and let you know.

Thanks.

ulfiyya
      Participant

Do you heave gtr database, please?

ulfiyya

ulfiyya
      Participant

And where can i vind gtr serial number?

ulfiyya

ulfiyya
      Participant

I still don't heave answer from you, but no problem i fixed the problem.

i installed vsig in another comp and copyed the config and paste it in my comp.

It wok only sent not get.

i wanted to register my GTR wth my serial id in (service screen) but i get invalid ser.nr.

I don't understund.

Thanks.

ulfiyya

drooney

Hi Ulfiyya,

Lets communicate offline about your serial number. I'd like to look into this for you.

Expect an email from me shortly.

IDeangelis

Ulfiyya

you'll be contacted by our support for registration.

best

I

ulfiyya
      Participant

I heave a gtr 4000 and i want the H 8000.The gtr gives me a warm sound! is theH8000 like that  or not?

Stupid question but i kmow the temporary parcels sounds  are not like years ago.

I mis that warm sound like the gtr 3000 and so..

Thanks.

IDeangelis

Hi

before I report my personal opinion on the topic you presented, I have to ask you a couple of important things.

For the sake of a quick and useful way to use the forums to all members, it's always a good idea to post in the relevant folder, using the appropriate thread.

Your question is relative to the H8000 hardware…but has been posted in the "Vsig and Preset Development" folder, under the "Monolithic question" thread…which both have nothing to do with your question.

By using the "HARMONIZERS" folder, in a new thread, maybe named "H8000 Sound", you could make things simpler for everybody willing to search this posting in the future for further reference.

Thanks.

When it comes to sound, everything becomes very subjective.

The 1980s technology is different from today's. So sound has changed to.

To my ears the H8000 sounds better than all previous Eventides. But I'm not a big fan of the '80s sound. I love crystal clear!

best

I

m

ulfiyya
      Participant

I'm sorry ididn't know that.

Thanks 

ulfiyya
      Participant

Hi,

I still waiting for support contacting!

ulfiyya 

marshallraw
      Participant

Hi Italo,

I am also trying to force monolithic mode.

I have a rack setup that I modified from your midi virtual rack #3. I deleted some items and added my own, and set up 20 presets from the existing 10. I set this to run at 48 instea of 96 to get it to fit in the 'A' machine, leaving 'B' free.

Now I would like to force monolithic mode to add more items instead of putting the extra items in 'B'. I tried the trick of adding an unconnected delay module, but that doesn't work.

Could I send the sig file to you to try to force it into monolithic mode? I don't see an attachment option in the forum message, so if you are willing to look at it, how could I get the sig file to you?

Thanks fo your time,

George Hudson

IDeangelis

Hi George

why don't you just add all the extra stuff you want into this preset? This will surely make it monolithic. In other words, you don't make an algorithm monolithic AND THEN add stuff to it. It's the opposite.

I have never tried to make a sigfile monolithic. They just happen to be like that because of the amount or resources taken up by the added modules.

best

I

marshallraw
      Participant

Italo,

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. I have tried adding various components, but I always get an error about the size in vsig, and it won't load into the H8000FW. I tried your trick with the unconnected delay module when adding a module, but I still get the size error.

Thanks,

George 

IDeangelis

George

it simply means your preset is way too large to be loaded. This includes monolithic mode, as the unit checks if it can be loaded in any way. Should reduce its size.

best

I

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.