Moog MP-201 as controller for 3 Factor pedals, has anyone done this yet?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Moog MP-201 as controller for 3 Factor pedals, has anyone done this yet?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Skerikmusic
      Participant

Looking for advice on how to set up a Moog MP-201 to a PITCHFACTOR, TIMEFACTOR and SPACE simultaneously…. If it's possible, advice, etc… Thanks!!

brock
      Participant

I'm wondering how far you got with this.  I never did purchase an MP-201 before it was (prematurely) discontinued.  But – from my earlier research – I believe that you can do just about anything with it.  Not only preset changes on 4 devices, but LFO control (and possibly envelope control) over the individual parameters.

I recall some forum members here having the MP-201.  You'll get more accurate detail one the exact processes from one of them.  Consider this a friendly bump.

Skerikmusic
      Participant

Thanks Brock. I have since read a few posts about this subject. Apparently the MP-201 is not ideal for this scenario. The MP-201 is best used for CV oriented devices, or so it seems reading the comments. I did find a device that will control 3 different devices: http://missionengineering.com/?product=expressionator-2… The Expressionator seems the most cost effective and smallest way possible for expression pedal control only. Does anyone have any experience with Eventide and Expressionator?

Imerkat
      Participant

Hello, I've own the Moog Multi-pedal and been using it with Eventide stuff since forever. not sure, what type of advice do you need? both the Eventide and the MP-201 are so flexible you can accomplish just about anything in terms of Midi control. I do think the MP-201 is suited best for analog gear with CV and Synths with MIDI-note capability.

Eventide makes the Expressionator obsolete. You can accomplish the same basic thing with an expression pedal and a couple of MIDI cables and send expression over MIDI. Don't waste your money on that is my advice.

Skerikmusic
      Participant

Thank you imerkat… You mentioned that you can accomplish expression over MIDI with a pedal, what pedal are you referring too? Thanks again.

Imerkat
      Participant

If you plug the expression pedal to one Factor pedal and daisy chain the others with MIDI cables, you can assign the pedal to transmit CC value to the others. You can see in this video @ 2:50

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIaMsCZ84sA

openmusic
      Participant

imerkat:

Hello, I've own the Moog Multi-pedal and been using it with Eventide stuff since forever. not sure, what type of advice do you need? both the Eventide and the MP-201 are so flexible you can accomplish just about anything in terms of Midi control. I do think the MP-201 is suited best for analog gear with CV and Synths with MIDI-note capability.

Hi imerkat,

Would you know how to adjust the MP-201 CV to 0-3 instead of 0- 5?

When using LFO modulation, the parameter modulated – from 0 to 100 in the H-9 – by the Moog pedal "stucks" at 100 for some time and then goes down and up smoothly till it reaches the top again. I guess that may be caused by the H-9 freezing at max (100) when the CV reaches 3 v and all the way up to 5 v and down from 5 v to 3 v again.

Is there a way to implement that using the midi output of the MP-201?

Thank you very much!

Geeked

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.