More Midi Questions !

Home Forums Products Stompboxes More Midi Questions !

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mr_Clean

Hi Eventide,

Quick question. When I send a MIDI Program change from my Ground Control the TF & PF the pedals automatically go into "active" mode (not bypassed). Is it possible to set the PF & TF to go to bypass on receipt of a program change ??

cheers

tomasgunn
      Participant

I asked support about this a while ago and the reply I got was that this is not possible.

You have to send a cc message following the pgm change message to deactivate/bypass the pedal.  Just assign a cc number to "Activate" and have the GC send a value of 0 to bypass the pedal.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

While this would work, there is a better and more streamlined way that doesn't require a CC to bypass.  If you want a pedal to be bypassed when a Program Change is sent, you should set up the RCV MAP such that instead of pointing to a preset, the Program Change points to BYP.  In the MIDI system menu under RCV MAP flip the arrow to point to the banks.  You can then scroll the encoder over to the left to where it says BYP.  This way, that Program Change message will bypass the pedal.  Also notice that you can turn it to OFF (program change has no effect), ACT (program change always activates), or TOG (program change always toggles active/bypass).  

Mr_Clean

Thanks appreciated cheers

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.