moving saved programs back to TimeFactor ???

Home Forums Products Stompboxes moving saved programs back to TimeFactor ???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      J.Paul
      Participant

I've saved a  bunch of Time Factor patches (programs) with a Sysex program on my Mac. Now I want to move them back onto the Time Factor. What is this called ? a transfer? a dump?What is it technically called in the manual?

thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

In the manual it is called a dump.

achaput

To send presets back into your Factor pedal you need to perform a System Exclusive Data Dump, or "Sysex Dump" from your computer to the pedal. TimeFactor is always ready to receive a dump; you just have to initiate it from the computer.

By the way, the easiest way to backup Factor Pedal presets is with Eventide's Factorlib program for Windows or Mac.

J.Paul
      Participant

thanks for the replys

achaput:

…………………. TimeFactor is always ready to receive a dump; you just have to initiate it from the computer.

yeah, so you're saying that a dump goes both ways?It's a dump when you save and a dump when you restore?

the manual didn't specify that part

page 26 (of the manual) says that "dumping" is saving or backing up the sounds (I've already got that part)….

so the part I need (I think) would come in the next section of the manual called "restoring presets and system settings….which basically says for us to choose a Sysex ID and exit; but never says to initiate it from my computer (or FactorLib). This worked for me….wish it had been clearer in the manual.

bluedaniel714
      Participant

“so the part I need (I think) would come in the next section of the manual called “restoring presets and system settings….which basically says for us to choose a Sysex ID and exit”. 

none of this makes any sense to me.  i read that part in the manual and it tells me nothing.  i backed up my presets as instructed before i installed a software update via Direct Uploader.  I’m glad it made it so easy to backup – too bad it doesn’t  prompt a re-install.  my Timefactor is hooked to my computer with USB cable.  can i get these presets back on my Timefactor? i don’t use H9 whatever that is.  i tried using Direct Uploader via “update from file” but that didn’t work.  i searched the manuals and forums – this is the closest i’ve got.  Please help.  

bluedaniel714
      Participant

I certainly wish that were true.  but it’s not.  all my custom presets are gone.  any help with getting them back?

bluedaniel714
      Participant

sorry to be so difficult i’m not that tech savvy.  i just tried to Add a new file Attachment on the thread and i got a message: txt, png, jpg, gif, h9z, json, tide, pdf, 9kp, 9kf, 9ks.  

the backup file is “.syx”.  is there something i’m doing wrong?

bluedaniel714
      Participant

k.  don’t laugh there are only 4 banks of 2 presets. mostly different versions of the same delay.  but i’ve become very comfortable with using them 🙂 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yHpNaUkq4g2itx8y9YXcbiq6gD-nQkoC/view?usp=sharing

bluedaniel714
      Participant

Thanks for your help.  It forced me to download and use the H9 Control app.  Turns out it’s super easy to learn and I love it.  

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      bluedaniel714 wrote:

"so the part I need (I think) would come in the next section of the manual called "restoring presets and system settings….which basically says for us to choose a Sysex ID and exit". 

none of this makes any sense to me.  i read that part in the manual and it tells me nothing.  i backed up my presets as instructed before i installed a software update via Direct Uploader.  I'm glad it made it so easy to backup – too bad it doesn't  prompt a re-install.  my Timefactor is hooked to my computer with USB cable.  can i get these presets back on my Timefactor? i don't use H9 whatever that is.  i tried using Direct Uploader via "update from file" but that didn't work.  i searched the manuals and forums – this is the closest i've got.  Please help.  

You don't need to reinstall presets because the presets are not changed or affected by the software update. The previous presets should still be there. You can use H9 Control to easily manage and export/import presets for your TimeFactor.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      bluedaniel714 wrote:

I certainly wish that were true.  but it's not.  all my custom presets are gone.  any help with getting them back?

Could you share your presets backup here?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      bluedaniel714 wrote:

sorry to be so difficult i'm not that tech savvy.  i just tried to Add a new file Attachment on the thread and i got a message: txt, png, jpg, gif, h9z, json, tide, pdf, 9kp, 9kf, 9ks.  

the backup file is ".syx".  is there something i'm doing wrong?

Try Google drive?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      bluedaniel714 wrote:

k.  don't laugh there are only 4 banks of 2 presets. mostly different versions of the same delay.  but i've become very comfortable with using them 🙂 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yHpNaUkq4g2itx8y9YXcbiq6gD-nQkoC/view?usp=sharing

OK. I downloaded your backup file and dragged it into H9 Control. All presets are imported correctly. See my attachment.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      bluedaniel714 wrote:

Thanks for your help.  It forced me to download and use the H9 Control app.  Turns out it's super easy to learn and I love it.  

You're welcome. I'm glad that worked out well for you.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.