Multi-pedal presets in H9 Control.

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Multi-pedal presets in H9 Control.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      jlane0710
      Participant

I had an idea for a multi-preset capability in H9 Control. For example, if you have two H9 pedals, you could have a preset that puts one of them on a chorus preset and the other on a reverb delay.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      jlane0710 wrote:
      I had an idea for a multi-preset capability in H9 Control. For example, if you have two H9 pedals, you could have a preset that puts one of them on a chorus preset and the other on a reverb delay.

Users with just one H9 won't be happy if we design a lot of multi-H9 presets. I think it's better and more flexible to have users do this. You can create pairs of H9 presets that fit your need. You may use a MIDI cable to connect your 2 H9s. So when you switch presets on your first H9, the second one will change accordingly. 

jlane0710
      Participant

I didn’t mean that Eventide would create the prsets for us, I just meant having the capability to save our own “multi-preset”. It sounds like you are saying this is possible with a MIDI cable connection which I will dig into the manual for…

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        jlane0710 wrote:
        I didn’t mean that Eventide would create the prsets for us, I just meant having the capability to save our own “multi-preset”. It sounds like you are saying this is possible with a MIDI cable connection which I will dig into the manual for…

I'm sorry for misunderstanding you.

Yes, you can just create/design two preset lists that match each other in H9 Control. Remember to turn on the first H9's MIDI program change transmit. 

jlane0710
      Participant
      OK.  I think I understand your description.  So I make two preset lists, one for each pedal, and the presets that are to be used together must have the same preset number and those presets must be loaded into the pedals.

Then, when I select one of the presets on the first (master?) pedal, it sends a MIDI command to the other pedal to load the same preset number.

The idea I had in my mind was that it would all be done directly from the H9 Control App.  No need to have the presets stored in the pedals and no limitation on how many “Multi-Presets” a user can create and save in the app.

Maybe it is harder than I am assuming.  I realize that the multi-preset would have to define which preset goes to which H9 pedal.  I have mine named “Pre” and “Post” obviously for before the amp and in the effects loop respectively.

It just seems like it could be a neat feature but I understand that it may not be useful to very many H9 owners, may not be easy to implement, and maybe there are many more important things to work on.

It is just an idea I thought I would share and it won’t hurt my feelings if the developers decide not to use it.

Very happy with my H9 pedals in any case!

camn
      Participant

My 2c- 

I think it wouldnt be that hard.. but from a different perspective. 

The agency to do this is some kind of Midi XML map. . . which is editable, I understand.. but not easily right now.

MAYBE.. in the H9 app.. there could be a screen to directly edit the MIDI Map? So you could get to it easily. Like the PC map.

Or.. on a preset-per-preset basis .. you could have an option to “Fire X PC Message”.. default being Nothing.. OR the Default XML Map- but that starts to get confusing. The first way is probably best. An XML Map screen just like the PC Map screen.

What you really need is a MIDI controller. 🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.