Multiple IOS devices

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Multiple IOS devices

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      rnjscooter

Hi I have been making a ton of presets and preset lists on my H( app on my macbook. Do you know if I bluetooth the H( to my iPhone if saved presets and list will show up in my iPhone app?

gkellum
      Participant

The easiest way to get all of your presets and preset lists from your MacBook to your iPhone would be to go to the Settings section of H9 Control on your MacBook and use the Export Preset and Preset Lists function to export the stuff you created to an h9z file.  You can email yourself that file, open up the email on your iPhone, and long press on the h9z attachment to import your presets and preset lists into H9 Control on your iPhone.

rnjscooter

gkellum thats brilliant. thanks so much!

rnjscooter

ok, I did it and it worked great. Now I am frustrated in some other areas, which is irritating as I am really good with technical things. I was experimenting with changing something on the pedal and saving it, then wanting it saved to the iOS device. Things got weird at that point. Sometimes it worked sometimes it didn't. The big thing is even with preset list set at a value of 1-5 say, the pedal on the iOS still shows 99, and when I save it to the os, instead of saving 1-5, it saves 1-99, taking quite some time. Then the pedal sits in position 99 till I switch up to 1, then it goes back to 1-5. Also exporting back to mac gave the mac doubles of all presets. It never asked to overwrite, making for a very irritating morning. I am thinking 1 device only, and not try and go multiple. I still gotta learn how to get the pedal and to back up to iOS and vice versa seamlessly when making changes

gkellum
      Participant

rnjscooter:

Also exporting back to mac gave the mac doubles of all presets. It never asked to overwrite, making for a very irritating morning.

Yeah, I just checked the code, and when it's importing presets, it takes the next available preset number for the imported preset. So, it will never end up overwriting a preset if one already exists with the same name and number. I'll have to think about whether that's really the best strategy.

rnjscooter:

I am thinking 1 device only, and not try and go multiple. I still gotta learn how to get the pedal and to back up to iOS and vice versa seamlessly when making changes

Yeah, at the moment I think it's going to be a headache to try to keep two devices in sync at all times with all the same user presets and preset lists. We'll have to think about what we can do to make that easier…

rnjscooter

ok, so I will stick to the mac, however, I am now getting irritated with the software, and if I can't get it going I hate to say Ill be returning the H9.

1. saving a preset name from mac to pedal does not carry the name over to the pedal. Its generic such as H9 **** preset list, regardless of what it was named on my mac prior to saving to the pedal

2. even though it asked to save  from preset 1-5, it still shows 99 presets no matter what on the pedal preset list on my laptop screen. my pedal has only 5, but the laptop shows the preset has 99. Then if I make changes to any of the presets on the pedal, and want to save it back to my mac, it will NEVER save it to the original preset list on my mac, it always adds a new preset called H9 **** preset list. This is really frustrating. If someone can't help me simply make a change on my mac and save that one change to the pedal, and vice versa, without adding unneeded preset lists when I really want to overwrite the list of my choice, this pedal isn't going to last on my pedalboard

help anyone?

gkellum
      Participant

rnjscooter:

1. saving a preset name from mac to pedal does not carry the name over to the pedal. Its generic such as H9 **** preset list, regardless of what it was named on my mac prior to saving to the pedal

The name of a particular preset list is never transferred over to the H9, only the presets are. So, the app has no way to do anything but name the downloaded preset list the way it does. But you can easily rename it. Double clicking the button representing the preset list opens up a renaming dialog.

rnjscooter:

2. even though it asked to save  from preset 1-5, it still shows 99 presets no matter what on the pedal preset list on my laptop screen. my pedal has only 5, but the laptop shows the preset has 99. Then if I make changes to any of the presets on the pedal, and want to save it back to my mac, it will NEVER save it to the original preset list on my mac, it always adds a new preset called H9 **** preset list. This is really frustrating. If someone can't help me simply make a change on my mac and save that one change to the pedal, and vice versa, without adding unneeded preset lists when I really want to overwrite the list of my choice, this pedal isn't going to last on my pedalboard

The app is always going to download the complete preset list off of the H9, but if you select the button representing the preset list and go to the More menu in the upper right hand corner of the screen, you can use the "Resize preset list" function to drop all but presets 1 – 5 for instance.

With regards to keeping the same list on your Mac and your H9, instead of changing the presets on the list on your H9 and resaving the list to your Mac, why don't you do it the other way around and change the presets in the list on your Mac and resave that to your H9?

rnjscooter

I appreciate all your answers. So I thoroughly read thru the H9 Control user manual and put into practice some a few things and I think I can deal with it from here.

Interesting, and I am not sure how many users know this, but there are presets in certain presets from algorithms that can only be accessed thru the H9 control. They aren't presets that are available on the H9 stompbox shipped from the factory. I had to do some homework to find which presets from which algorithms were in the H9 control but not not default on the H9. I would be happy to give a list, should anyone inquire

Thanks again for all your replies

mj

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.