Multiple iOS Devices

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Multiple iOS Devices

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      NMillroy
      Participant

Hi all,

Since picking up my H9 over xmas I've been using it with my iPhone. I'm considering getting an iPad, would the algorithm's I've already purchased through my iPhone be available on my iPad without having to re-purchase again?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The man who knows is away on a trip, but my understanding is that they are keyed to the Apple account, not the iDevice. So, you should be OK, as long as you use the same account.

NMillroy
      Participant

Ok great, thanks for the reply. Great customer service on here by the way 🙂

polyslax

Yes. I made the switch from iPhone to iPad and all my purchased algos showed up as expected.

DavidYates

I routinely switch between a PC and my iPad and it is seamless with respect to the algorithm ownership. I have never bought an algorithm on the PC, only the iPad. But it shows up right away and with no drama.
      I find it is a lot easier to navigate the pedal on the PC than the iPad. Though I'm still a bit frustrated with the user interface when it comes to setting some of the parameters and storing my personalized patches.  

Hoping that Eventide is working on a less "brittle" way to set the pedal, save custom algorithms, save custom sets of algorithms, etc.

NMillroy
      Participant

Thanks for further clarification Polyslax and DavidYates. I agree the iOS user experience could be a little smoother. With any luck Eventide will have a shiny, glossy new H9 Control update for us to play with within a week.

Bozo Aus

I am about to buy an ipad air.  I currently have my modfactor h9 control on a PC.

Do I need to do anything to be able to use the H9 control for the modfactor on the ipad?  Do I need to transfer ownership from the PC to the ipad?

Thanks.

gkellum
      Participant

Do I need to do anything to be able to use the H9 control for the modfactor on the ipad?  Do I need to transfer ownership from the PC to the ipad?

Well, you’ll need Apple’s Camera Connection Kit of course as explained in the H9 Control manual. (https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/h9-control-manual) Since the ModFactor doesn’t have a Bluetooth chip, you can only connect over USB.

But other than that, you’ll just need to enter your Eventide username and password again, and you should be able to use H9 Control on your iPad.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.