Multitap Delay

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development Multitap Delay

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      kims
      Participant

Im trying to learn how Vsig3 works (im coming from native reaktor 6, so its hard work! 🙂 funny that even the menus are connected 🙂 )

In Vsig3 the H9000 Multitap Delay – how do i make it in stereo, how do i extend the delaytime to more than the 2100ms (i think it was) and add feedback to the 40 taps?

ndeshpande
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

Take a look at the easytaps and stereotaps modules. Both offer parameter access to some of what you’re asking about. I don’t think you can get around a 2000 ms delay in a multitap module (or 660 ms in stereotaps), but it should be possible to string together more than one module to get a greater total delay time.

As a word of caution, it’s easy to get yourself in trouble by adding feedback around a 40 tap delay line, it’s quite easy for delay lines like that to oscillate out of control especially with shorter tap times. What you’ll want to do is use a multiply module from an output (which is your feedback amount), then connect the output of that to an add which also has your incoming signal as an input.

Edit: now that I think about it, you also might want to look at the stereomixer module.

Puppeteer
      Participant

It depends on what configuration you are seeking.  If you want separate delays for the left and right inputs, then you will need 2 delay modules. If you want output taps panned left and right then you will need to wire them into some sort of mixing configuration. The easiest one is stereomixer, which allows each input to be panned individually.

Extending delay times, you’ll need to put a separate delay on each tap that you want to be longer than the max delay time and wire up some sort of UI system to allow you to control both delay times or use a different delay, such as longdelay.

As ndeshpande explained, be careful about internal feedback loops. They can get nasty really quick. My experiments with physical modelling and waveguides has had moments of feedback madness.  The easiest way of ensuring loop stability is to ensure that the loop gain can never exceed 1x (ie make sure that you are always reducing gain on each loop), or you will need some other way of controlling the gain in the loop, like a compressor, limiter, gate or detector acting on something.

kims
      Participant

I actually dont know what i want after these answers 🙂 but maybe just 1 feedback on all the 40 multitaps

i think i give up for now, and try an other algortihme wheres its allready there, i hope

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.