My first day impressions of H9

Home Forums Products Stompboxes My first day impressions of H9

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      pauliusmm

I spent this evening exploring my new H9. Using "Try" mode I had a chance to play with all algorythms. Most of the effects are really high quality and musical, but I have a few things to note.

First: 18 Eur for algorythm??? I thought 20 $ was much and now i realize i have to pay even more if i want to buy something.

I was expecting i could use this encoder switch as a Hotswitch along with expression pedal, but turns out i can't do that.

Pitch tracking on chords is a bit glitchy, its much better on my Axe Fx II. I wasn't expecting this.

I really liked the delays and some  other algorythms, but the price and these limitations turns me off. 

gkellum
      Participant

pauliusmm:

First: 18 Eur for algorythm??? I thought 20 $ was much and now i realize i have to pay even more if i want to buy something.

The way it works with Apple's iTunes Connect is you select a price tier, and the price tier we selected was for $19.99. Apple translates that into different prices in different places. There's actually no way for us to modify the price for an individual country. The in app purchasing on Mac and Windows versions of H9 Control though uses Amazon payments, and there the price is always $19.99.

pauliusmm:

I was expecting i could use this encoder switch as a Hotswitch along with expression pedal.

Hitting the encoder modifies the direction that the preset footswitch is going. It's probably too hard to hit for any extended use like as a performance switch.  We made it really easy to configure aux switches though and those are pretty inexpensive.

pauliusmm:

Pitch tracking on chords is a bit glitchy, its much better on my Axe Fx II

It's a monophonic pitch tracker. It wasn't designed to track chords. It surprises me thought that you say that the Axe Fx is any better. Polyphonic pitch tracking doesn't work well at all unless you put a bunch of constraints on what acceptable input might be…

pauliusmm

That is good to know about the PC editor store.

Maybe there could be a mode in which encoder switch could act like a performance switch? . Using aux switches would be ok , but then you lose expression pedal which is essential for most effects.

I don't know how Cliff did it on the AXE FX II , but it really tracks chords quite well. Not trying to blame Eventide, just my observation.

bnjiman
      Participant

Hi Paul,

For me Micro POG is the nuts at poly pitch shifting.

Hope you enjoy your H9

Cheers Ben

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.