My Modfactor Works With Pedal Power 2

Home Forums Products Stompboxes My Modfactor Works With Pedal Power 2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      idealguitars

I'm using te Line6 adapter and it seems to work fine. Anyone else tried this and did you experience any problems?

I made a parellel cable to connect the two Line6 outputs for a 500 mA isolated output. This powers my TimeFactor perfectly. I rigged up a mutimeter to find what my TF draws, and it's around 400 ma on average (with no MIDI or Tap Tempo switch). Therefore, it's perfectly safe, IMO.

Hello,

Regarding powering, all Eventide Factor pedals need a 9V DC regulated power supply to operate properly. All of them draw a current around 330-360mA.
      A proper power supply for Eventide Factor pedals should be able to deliver a current of 400mA at stabilized and regulated 9V DC.

There are 3 popular dedicated power supplies for pedals on the market. These are the PP2+ from Voodoo Lab, BBE Supacharger and Mod-Tone Power Plant. None of these have outlets powerful enough to supply Eventide Factor pedals. Not even the new ISO-5 from VL. It has one 300mA section which is 100mA short. As you mention you can use two outlets in parallel with the first three products mentioned which will work.

Power requirements for pedals change and realizing that, we at CIOKS made three brand new products which form our professional range of dedicated power supplies for effect pedals. CIOKS DC10 is able to power three Eventide Factor pedals properly along with other standard 9V pedals. The AC10 can supply one along with a AC powered pedal at 9, 12 or 16V AC, also along with other standard 9V pedals. CIOKS TC10 power supply can power one Eventide Factor pedal along with 3 other mA-hungry pedals with a maximum current draw of 300mA and 4 standard 9V battery operated pedals. Please have a closer look at the specifications of these units on CIOKS web site.

If you have other questions regarding powering effect pedals, you’re more than welcome to e-mail me directly. I have more than 18 years experience in this field.

Best regards,
      Poul Ciok
      poul.ciok@cioks.com

bhaberman
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

The only recommended power supplies for Eventide stompboxes are those that are supplied with the units.  Other supplies MAY work, however we have not had excellent results with other brands of power supplies in terms of noise and performance.

hywelg

bhaberman:

The only recommended power supplies for Eventide stompboxes are those that are supplied with the units.  Other supplies MAY work, however we have not had excellent results with other brands of power supplies in terms of noise and performance.

Then maybe you need to get on the case pdq. My power supply is now defective, the cable insulation has broken where the cable goes into the wart simply because everytime I use my pedal board I have to unroll the wire, and plug it in. I want something I can velcro down to the board so its not disturbed every time.

Also with the Eventide in one of the 4ways sockets I can't get a plug in the adjacent socket. Not Good.

bhaberman
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

If your unit (and therefore power supply) is within its warranty period, please email support@eventide.com with its serial number. 

mpovoden

Greatly appreciate the candidness here, but here's my dilemma – I'm working with all 3 Factors in addition to a wah, a few stomps from EHX, and some other boutique tone shapers.  I'm working on getting all of these on a board and being able to power them easily and of course, steadily.  My goal is to have a one-plug (AC) socket, 2 if need be (but seriously, c'mon…).  So what does Eventide recommend in the sense of all 3 stomps being laid out in front of an amp and powering them?  Ya can't have a bunch of wall warts floating around on a multi-socket extension cable on stage, not to mention, the noise would be all wrong…

I'll follow your recommendations, but we need something that will work with a proper board layout.

Thanks for any assistance,

Mo

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.