Naming Patches (PLEASE!)

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Naming Patches (PLEASE!)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      dg_unit

When will we have an update that lets us name patches? It's the biggest single frustration in my life. Please put me out of my misery and tell me it's going to be on the next update and the next update will actually be soon Big Smile

madmac
      Participant

Hi Mate

As nice as it would be to have patch naming I find it unlikely that we will ever see this function added to the Time Factor.  From what I have read on other posts it doesn't appear to be an easy thing to implement.  You might be able to get a programable midi controller that displays the patch name.

I do hope to be proven wrong and it does happen.  Patch naming can be done on units like the Line6 M9 where there is more room on the display.  If the M9 had the same quality of tone as the Time Factor it would be the best stomp box delay unit on the market as the UI is definitely better.

Maybe one day there will be a Time Factor V3 in the works with a new LCD display, smaller power supply, better UI? Smile  It already has the best tone imho.

dg_unit

I don't know if i'm at all in sync with the Eventide tech team on this but I think it would be worth the effort.

…in the meantime I guess I'm gonna have to suck it up and buy a Rocktron Midi Mate and a bigger pedal board.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Eventide have said that they are looking into it as they have seen how many people really want it and request it.

Last post I read on the subject they said they were just figuring out how best to implement it given the display size etc.

Cheers

BMF

dg_unit

Fingers crossed then Yes

peterjh85

http://www.gearwire.com/eventide-factorlib.html

Does this refer to just naming within the library and not in the timefactor unit?

peterjh85

http://www.gearwire.com/eventide-factorlib.html

Does this refer to just the naming within the library and not in the timefactor unit?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It does. Any names within the library are not currently used by the pedal.

dg_unit

No I'm talking about actually having characters come up on the unit display

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you will forgive the repetiion,  this ONLY refers to the naming within the library and NOT in the timefactor unit.

The Factor pedals do NOT support named presets. We recognize that many of our user would like this to be changed.

peterjh85

Yeah, I sincerely hope Eventide adds this feature.  It would be awesome.

setondaunt

I totally agree. This is the feature im most hoping to see come to reality on the next update. With a dot matrix screen that can name the delays, it must be possible to name the patches. 

Holding my breath

groove guru

Hey, sign me up for that!

Naming patches would be real nice.

dg_unit

Maybe if we can get more than 5 people asking for it on this post it might actually happen! Call me lazy but I really don't want to fork out on a midi foot controller. Got too much stuff cluttering my pedal board already. 

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.