Namng presets issue

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Namng presets issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      zikamuricpe

Just updated my TF to new beta, without problems. Renamed my first patch, again without any problem. But, interesting thing happened when I tried to name my 2:1 patch after a song called "2 minutes": I typed "2minutes" but my TF added the "2:1" prefix to my title. Then I typed "twomin" and the prefix dissapeared. Don't know if this is a bug or you guys wanted it to work like that, but the bottom line is that in this beta version preset names can not start with numbers but only with letters.

Anyway thanks for this update and keep up the great work!

Cheers!

timothyhill

I've been able to successfully name presets that started with numbers. When I recall the preset, just the name appears for about 5 seconds. It scrolls if it's too long to fit on the display (almost all my names are). But, after about 5 seconds, the bank:patch number appears before the name. Is this what you're seeing? It's not that the TF is adding to your name, it's displaying both the name and patch number. So in your example, it'd end up displaying "2:1 2minutes".

Personally, I like it this way, because it provides a visual reference to the patch number. Without that, I wouldn't know whether I wanted to go up or down to find my next preset, since the list isn't sorted alphabetically or any other way than by patch number.

Maybe if enough people request it, they could give us the option of turning preset numbers on or off… some people have said they preferred the old way better, too, so maybe that option could include preset names on or off as well.

I like finally being able to name my presets, but it was never a deal breaker for me. I've always organized my presets by number, all the way back to the beginning of my rack days in '87, using the name as more of a notation field, but that's just the way I do things and I'm sure it doesn't work for everyone.

zikamuricpe

timothyhill:

I've been able to successfully name presets that started with numbers. When I recall the preset, just the name appears for about 5 seconds. It scrolls if it's too long to fit on the display (almost all my names are). But, after about 5 seconds, the bank:patch number appears before the name. Is this what you're seeing? It's not that the TF is adding to your name, it's displaying both the name and patch number. So in your example, it'd end up displaying "2:1 2minutes".

Hey timothyhill, thanks for your reply. I understand what you're talking about, but that was not the case in my example. When I've typed "2minutes" to my 2:1 preset, then saved it and then recalled it, the display immediately showed "2:1 2minutes" (not after 5 seconds, like with my other presets that start with letters). The device actually merged the bank:patch number with my title! That was strange to me, especially because that didn't happen when naming my 1:1 and 1:2 presets. Then I said, ok – maybe I shouldn't start with numbers. So I've changed "2minutes" to "twominutes", and guess what – the bank:patch number disappeared! (it did show up after 5 seconds, of course, but this is obviously what Eventide wanted to happen).
      Now, if you say that you've succesfully named your presets starting with numbers, the only thing that comes to my mind is this: maybe this "bug" happens only if the bank number and the first number in the preset title are the same? That was the case in my example. Unfortunatelly, my TF is now travelling to the town where I have a gig tomorrow, so I can't check if this is true right now, but it is worth checking.
      However, I can live with that, but since we are talking about a beta update, I understand that we are all beta-testers, so if my example helps to improve the final version, I'm happy.

timothyhill

Hmmm…. interesting idea about the preset name and the bank number being the same. I've got presets that start with "1" and "4", but I'm not sure at the moment which banks they're in. I'll check later tonight and let you know… Isn't beta testing fun?? But yeah, if it ends up making these pedals even better, it's absolutely worth it!

timothyhill

Well, I tried renaming my TF 2:1 preset "2minutes" but it worked as expected. I also tried it as "2 minutes" but that worked, too. BTW, the preset I'd named using a number at the beginning of the name aren't in matching banks, as is "12string" is in bank 4. I've got four presets that start with numbers.

Anyway, I'm at a loss as to why your TF isn't doing that. Have you tried reloading the V3 update? It might help and it's the only thing I can think of at the moment. In any case, I hope you get it figured out or that the next beta resolves the issue.

tamburash007

please give us the option to turn the bank numbers off:):):)

i know that it is easier for some people to know which bank are they on, but i use midi and just want to see names without bank numbers:)

thanks

tamburash007

and also show names when in play mode:)

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.