Nasty clipping on Timefactor

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Nasty clipping on Timefactor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mrnixon

Hi good people,

I've been experiencing this harsh clipping on my Timefactor on the VintageDelay model. I drive my signal a little hotter via my compressor, sometimes diming both Level and Sensitivity knobs (its an RMC FK-1 Compressor – Ross flavored comp) in order to get some sweet sounding grit onto the guitar tone. With the Vintage model selected, with the Bitrate at 9/10bits or more, it clips very noticeably, and not in a nice way. This clipping does not happen with any of the other models, and goes away with the gain trimmed down on the front end. It's a damn shame too, because I particularly like the Vintage model. I run the Timefactor in my Diezel Einstein's serial loop, so I'm confident in the loop's quality.

Please, let me know what i can do about this, it's been very aggravating and annoying for a long time now. I was hoping the latest update would do away with it, alas it did not.

Thanks!

marc david

achaput

Did you try setting the TimeFactor's input level switch to the "Line" position?

Alan

mrnixon

oh yes, the I/O are both set to 'line' and i'm using excellent cabling. it is the only effect in the loop also.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.