Need help for explanation about DuckedDelay

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Need help for explanation about DuckedDelay

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Johny

Hi Eventide staff and TimeFactor user :

I have try to set duckeddelay mode but I don't know a meaning of xknob(ratio of ??)

depth(thrs?? what is this) and speed (rl???).

So can you guy give an explanation for each parameter and how this parameter impact with

the sound.How to set this If I would like to cut the delay sound while I'm playing and while I'm stop it will loud(like dynamic delay).

Or If I misunderstood this mode so can you guy tell the actual purpose of duckeddelay mode.

Thank you in advance

IDeangelis

Hi J

Duckdelay is a way to lower the delay level while you play…so that the delay repeats are louder while you pause and softer when you play. Delay will not interfere with your playing.

Xnob = Ratio Sets the ducking ratio or the degree to which the delay is attenuated. How much the delay level is lowered.

Depth =Threshold: Sets the ducking threshold – the audio amplitude – at which ducking kicks in (-36 dB to -66 dB). In simpler words it sets the level of your playing at which the delay is lowered.

Speed = ReleaseTime: Sets the release time from 500 to 10 msec. With the release time set to short values, the delay will kick in quickly when you stop playing. With the release time set to longer values, the delay will stay ducked for a while. Longer release times are useful when you’re playing a riff and don’t want the delay to kick in between notes.

The ducking delay is VERY dynamic! It really depends on your playing dynamics, so a bit of parameters tweaking is required to fit anybody's playing techniques and levels.

hope this helps

I

Johny

Thank you IDeangelis,I still don't feel any change between ratio.What that parameter mean 2:1,3:1,4:1,

5:1?.

Thank you very much for your time.

IDeangelis

Depending on how the algorithm is built, the ratio parameter should indicate the amount of dBs of delay signal attenuation for 1dB over the threshold for the straight guitar signal. In simpler words a 7:1 attenuates delay level more that a 2:1 ratio.

If you don't hear much actual difference, your input signal may not correctly match the input impedance of the pedal. If you are connecting a guitar directly to the TF, set the in/out levels switches on GUITAR. If the pedal is connected to an amp/preamp FX loop, then flip those switches on AMP and make sure a SEND pot (if available) is turned up enough to provide a beefy signal to the unit).

Also, if you set a Speed/Release time setting, like 200/300 ms. and play with the ratio, you should hear a difference in the delay level coming up while you don't play. Try a 500 ms delay with a good feedback…like 50 or 60%.

best

I

Johny

Thank you very much.

This will help me a lot.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.