Need to replace encoder knob pot, but I don’t know which part to buy

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Need to replace encoder knob pot, but I don’t know which part to buy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      WeirdMusicNoises
      Participant

I accidentally broke the encoder knob pot on my PitchFactor.

Well, technically not the pot. I broke the small black plastic piece that connects the pot to the knob.

The cylindrical area of the piece (the part which you attach the knob to) works fine. The knob still fits perfectly on it. And when I put the entire black plastic piece through the hole that connects to the encoder pot, it latches into place and I can turn it to change settings on the PitchFactor.

However, I cannot press the knob down or get that ‘click’ sound which indicates that I have pushed it. I believe this is because some of the mini plastic arms on the bottom are broken.

Which part do I buy on the store to replace it? The closest thing I have found is the entire encoder pot. However, I am worried that I will accidentally break apart the plastic piece when trying to remove it from the new pot to put in the old pot.

And I would, ideally, like to replace this black plastic piece without having to take apart the entire PitchFactor and switch the pots. I will if this is unavoidable, but I am looking for other suggestions. I don’t want to break anything inside by accident or mess anything up if it can at all be avoided.

Best case scenario, I’d like to know if I can buy the plastic piece by itself. Then, if possible, I would love any instructions on how to put it in without breaking it accidentally.

I attached a picture of the broken piece.

Thanks for any help!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Judging from your picture, I assume that you are referring to one of the smaller knobs, rather than the main encoder. These are not repairable, and have to be replaced, which requires taking the unit apart and soldering.

If this is correct, you should contact support@eventide.com, to either order the pot, or to send your unit in for repair.

WeirdMusicNoises
        Participant
        nickrose wrote:

Judging from your picture, I assume that you are referring to one of the smaller knobs, rather than the main encoder. These are not repairable, and have to be replaced, which requires taking the unit apart and soldering.

Thanks for the reply, Nick!

I tested the PitchFactor out a bit more, and it actually seems like the pot is 100% fine. It’s literally just the plastic piece that is broken. I used a toothpick and I can press down just fine (to toggle tempo on or off, for instance). And when the broken plastic piece is in, I can turn it to change settings (from Octaver to Crystals and so on). So, to me, it appears I only need a replacement plastic piece to put back in.

Is it possible to order one, or are you saying that it can’t be replaced without taking the unit apart?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Your picture looks like one of the knob pots, but your description suggests that you refer to the encoder. If the second, try adjusting the click – lever off the round disk at the top of the knob, and you will see a brass knob – slacken this off slightly and pull up the knob a smidge, then tighten the knob. If this then clicks as it should, well and good, otherwise support@eventide.com.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.