New 2019 algorithm release?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes New 2019 algorithm release?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #115359
      mjahoger
      Member

      Now that the H9000 has been released, can we expect Eventide to start releasing two new H9 algorithms a year again, starting with the next Summer NAMM? I so hope they will be releasing a 6 or 8 tap delay with control over the panning, modulation and diffusion for each tap individually. Several other manufacturers (Line6, Boss, Fractal) already have such tapped delays included in their pedals, it only seems logical Eventide will release a similar algorithm. Surely, it shouldn’t take too much work to tweak the ultratap algorithm and make it a 6 or 8 tap delay with control over the various parameters?

    • #152079
      llemtt
      Participant

      +1

    • #152084
      mustafaicil
      Member

      I would love to have a delay algorithm where Delay A goes into Delay B as with two separate delay pedals connected in serial.

      • #152092
        mjahoger
        Member
        mustafaicil wrote:
        I would love to have a delay algorithm where Delay A goes into Delay B as with two separate delay pedals connected in serial.

        You can already have a mono series delay by putting a patch cable from output A into input B. Alternatively, the delays in the Filterpong and SpaceTime algorithms have series delays.

      • #152094
        mustafaicil
        Member
        mjahoger wrote:
        mustafaicil wrote:
        I would love to have a delay algorithm where Delay A goes into Delay B as with two separate delay pedals connected in serial.

        You can already have a mono series delay by putting a patch cable from output A into input B. Alternatively, the delays in the Filterpong and SpaceTime algorithms have series delays.

        Using a patch cable, you cannot use different delay settings for each. So not a very preferred solution. Plus that affects every algorithm used. I have not tried Filterpong and Space in that manner. I will check them again.

      • #156054
        jodacrocker
        Member
        mjahoger wrote:
        mustafaicil wrote:
        I would love to have a delay algorithm where Delay A goes into Delay B as with two separate delay pedals connected in serial.

        You can already have a mono series delay by putting a patch cable from output A into input B. Alternatively, the delays in the Filterpong and SpaceTime algorithms have series delays.

        Could you please explain me how I can use filterpong and SpaceTime algorithms as series delays? I have already tried the patch cable option, but its affects the sound of all the presets.

      • #156053
        jodacrocker
        Member
        mustafaicil wrote:
        I would love to have a delay algorithm where Delay A goes into Delay B as with two separate delay pedals connected in serial.

        I am looking the same. The possibility to run delay A on B. BOSS add this feature in DD500 and TimeLine have it.

    • #152103
      Mcinmusic
      Participant

      heck yes.

    • #152111
      marcusm750
      Member
      mjahoger wrote:
      I so hope they will be releasing a 6 or 8 tap delay with control over the panning, modulation and diffusion for each tap individually. Several other manufacturers (Line6, Boss, Fractal) already have such tapped delays included in their pedals, it only seems logical Eventide will release a similar algorithm. Surely, it shouldn’t take too much work to tweak the ultratap algorithm and make it a 6 or 8 tap delay with control over the various parameters?

      Like I said, that would be a fantastic addition to the H9!

      https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/stompboxes/circular-panning-delays-h9s-ultratap

    • #152219
      mjahoger
      Member

      It seems were are getting a harmonic trem instead…

    • #152240
      Bodde
      Participant

      No idea what it does exactly after watching the trailer. But I like the video. Sounds like a fast square tremelo. Hope it retriggers at the next attack instead of having to use switch like the Harpegiator.

      I don’t use the last synth algo much but I am curious about this new algo.

      Yes a new 8 tap delay algo would be nice for the next thing.

    • #152321
      audiolap
      Participant

      Bit crusher!!!!

    • #152337
      O2LAMJU
      Participant

      and the name iiis… “Harmadillo” i’m gonna test it 😀

    • #152411
      natey878
      Participant

      I’m new here just bought a H9 Max, and wondering if the Tverb will be avalible for th H9 max

    • #154192
      Honch
      Member

      I would love to that they made the simple change on their A/B delays. It has 2 delays of 3 seconds each. I e 3000 ms each. If they only could make delay A be added on top of delay B, and in the end produce 6 second delays for “Frippertronics” and “Soundscapes” stuff I would be all game. Of course, the feedback controls should work accordingly too, that you put it in the 6 second loop, as well as a HOLD function is a must. That you can “freeze” or lock the infinite repeats, and play on top of it without adding new signal into the chain. Just like all delays did in the old days.

      Frankly,  I wonder why more delay pedals doesn’t have this function. It’s probably because people thinks a regular loop function performs the same, but it doesn’t, and never has sounded the same and never will. It’s such an easy function to incorporate now, since 2×3000 ms is already in there.

      If not, a new algorithm with delay and hall reverbs together… BUT! the first repeats of the delay should be totally dry in the dry/wet reverb mix and the faintest repeats in the vack should have huge amount of reverb. As it occurs in real life, if you move away from a sound source. It becomes fainter and the actual reverb mix increases, and eventually will have no direct sound at all. Peculiar, no one thought of this, in any other pedal either. Would be cool to also have the stereo width increase accordingly as the repeats fades and reverb increases. Some 3D depth to it all. Not that the reverb algorithm changes, but just the wet/dry mix of the reverb. As the repeats fades, and becomes less high fidelity the reverb increases. Would be great.

    • #156065
      mjahoger
      Member

      Hi, if I understand correctly, the delays in the Filterpong algorithm are already (hard)coded as being in series.

      The feedback control in SpaceTime changes from series to parallel delay when you dial the control past 50%. 

    • #154193
      brock
      Participant
      Honch wrote:
      … If they only could make delay A be added on top of delay B, and in the end produce 6 second delays for “Frippertronics” and “Soundscapes” stuff I would be all game. Of course, the feedback controls should work accordingly too, that you put it in the 6 second loop, as well as a HOLD function is a must. That you can “freeze” or lock the infinite repeats, and play on top of it without adding new signal into the chain…

      This might help you with the 1st one.  The HOLD function uses the REPEAT [Aux to Performance] switch.

      https://www.eventideaudio.com/comment/23954#comment-23954

      Honch wrote:
      … If not, a new algorithm with delay and hall reverbs together… BUT! the first repeats of the delay should be totally dry in the dry/wet reverb mix and the faintest repeats in the vack should have huge amount of reverb. As it occurs in real life, if you move away from a sound source. It becomes fainter and the actual reverb mix increases, and eventually will have no direct sound at all. Peculiar, no one thought of this, in any other pedal either. Would be cool to also have the stereo width increase accordingly as the repeats fades and reverb increases. Some 3D depth to it all. Not that the reverb algorithm changes, but just the wet/dry mix of the reverb. As the repeats fades, and becomes less high fidelity the reverb increases…

      Have to think about that one.  Kind of a combination of Ducked Delay, DynaVerb, …

      Maybe SpaceTime, with an expression pedal.

      Show More...
      Show Less...
    • #154274
      Honch
      Member
      brock wrote:

      Honch wrote:
      … If they only could make delay A be added on top of delay B, and in the end produce 6 second delays for “Frippertronics” and “Soundscapes” stuff I would be all game. Of course, the feedback controls should work accordingly too, that you put it in the 6 second loop, as well as a HOLD function is a must. That you can “freeze” or lock the infinite repeats, and play on top of it without adding new signal into the chain…

      This might help you with the 1st one.  The HOLD function uses the REPEAT [Aux to Performance] switch.

      https://www.eventideaudio.com/comment/23954#comment-23954

      Honch wrote:
      … If not, a new algorithm with delay and hall reverbs together… BUT! the first repeats of the delay should be totally dry in the dry/wet reverb mix and the faintest repeats in the vack should have huge amount of reverb. As it occurs in real life, if you move away from a sound source. It becomes fainter and the actual reverb mix increases, and eventually will have no direct sound at all. Peculiar, no one thought of this, in any other pedal either. Would be cool to also have the stereo width increase accordingly as the repeats fades and reverb increases. Some 3D depth to it all. Not that the reverb algorithm changes, but just the wet/dry mix of the reverb. As the repeats fades, and becomes less high fidelity the reverb increases…
      Show More...

      Have to think about that one.  Kind of a combination of Ducked Delay, DynaVerb, …

      Maybe SpaceTime, with an expression pedal.

      Thank you. But I’ve tried that one. The feedback isn’t repeating infinitely and it doesn’t feed back at 6 seconds interval. In the other link you provided, there’s someone saying that if you switch over the delay mix the other way the first repeat comes out (back) at 9 seconds. So…I don’t know…is even 9 Seconds delay possible?

      Show Less...
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.