New algo’s for 2018?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes New algo’s for 2018?

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      lordradish
      Participant

I’m surprised there hasn’t been any buzz about a new algo for the H9, considering it seems we get about two a year. With NAMM happening, I figured there’d be one. Anyone heard anything?

Driven Crane
      Participant
      lordradish wrote:

I’m surprised there hasn’t been any buzz about a new algo for the H9, considering it seems we get about two a year. With NAMM happening, I figured there’d be one. Anyone heard anything?

i am waiting too…

smj

Wonder if the H9 is nearing its shelf life as far as Eventide support if concerned. It’s about 5 years old now? That’s a long time in the digital world. Perhaps a new version is on the horizon….

Sean Meredith-Jones
      http://www.seanmeredithjones.com

gkellum
      Participant

We have been distracted by other projects. The H9000 in particular has been tying up a bunch of people.

We have been doing some R&D on something new for the H9 that might or might not pan out. If it doesn't, there are some other interesting possibilities we could pursue that are surer things.

lordradish
      Participant

Does that mean that we’ll still get another algo or two, eventually?

gkellum
        Participant
        lordradish wrote:

Does that mean that we'll still get another algo or two, eventually?

If any of us say yes to that, something terrible will happen.  One of our colleagues will get hit by a bus or something.  I think there's a higher power at work determined to make liars out of us everytime we make any sort of public commitment on our forums.

brock
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:
        If any of us say yes to that, something terrible will happen.  One of our colleagues will get hit by a bus or something …

Aha!  A hidden clue!  So it’s a bit reduction / decimator algorithm?  wink

Given To Fly
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

lordradish wrote:

Does that mean that we’ll still get another algo or two, eventually?

If any of us say yes to that, something terrible will happen.  One of our colleagues will get hit by a bus or something.  I think there’s a higher power at work determined to make liars out of us everytime we make any sort of public commitment on our forums.

I do not visit pedal forums, but guitar forums have threads about pedals. One thing I’ve noticed is everybody is fairly reasonable when it comes to their expectations of any given pedal…except the H9. The expectations for the H9 are so much higher than anything else on the marker. It is a little weird. I feel the H9 was meant as a utilitarian pedal so that it could be a phaser when you needed a phaser or a delay when you needed a delay but not a phaser. Today, it is a “solve all your problems pedal” and it is the only one. But if it could just solve a few more problems like the brand_X does….

I do not blame you for making commitments to people you do not know and who most likely won’t buy what they ask for in the first place. With that said, the H9 would probably be a good product to keep around. 😉 I know you know that but I like to play “armchair CEO” every now and then. 😉

Driven Crane
      Participant

I am very disappointed because of there’s still no new algorithms for my H9. I use it very intensively…

Bodde
        Participant
        Driven Crane wrote:

I am very disappointed because of there’s still no new algorithms for my H9. I use it very intensively…

Just enjoy what you have already. That’s plenty alrwdy. Everything new I consider as an extra.

danielgil

A cab sim algorithm would be killer!

peterfrequency
      Participant

Understand not wanting to over promise. H9000 looks amazing, hopefully one day. Definitely excited about a possible algorithms! Makes the H9 much easier to recommend.

I’d be happy with anything new (really), but these would be very welcomed:

– A live input granular processor a la iPad’s Borderlands.

– A new experimental reverb.

– More aged tape warmth/emulation and warble.

– Filterbank!

– Boards of Canada-style woozy modulation/distortion

You can probably see my inclinations clearly there. 😉

And have to mention, ability to map X, Y, Z parameters to external MIDI CC control would absolutely open these pedals up! Would love to build focused patches/presets that I can control from a separate tabletop controller without having to map all 10 or 11 parameters for each pedal. That would be enough for me to buy a 3rd or 4th unit I reckon, and many more tabletop users would get interested. 🙂

tencentcat
        Participant
        peterfrequency wrote:
        Understand not wanting to over promise. H9000 looks amazing, hopefully one day. Definitely excited about a possible algorithms! Makes the H9 much easier to recommend.

I’d be happy with anything new (really), but these would be very welcomed:

– A live input granular processor a la iPad’s Borderlands.

– A new experimental reverb.

– More aged tape warmth/emulation and warble.

– Filterbank!

– Boards of Canada-style woozy modulation/distortion

You can probably see my inclinations clearly there. 😉

And have to mention, ability to map X, Y, Z parameters to external MIDI CC control would absolutely open these pedals up! Would love to build focused patches/presets that I can control from a separate tabletop controller without having to map all 10 or 11 parameters for each pedal. That would be enough for me to buy a 3rd or 4th unit I reckon, and many more tabletop users would get interested. 🙂

Absolute yes to any and all of these.

+1 to the better tape emulation :). A softer attack and a non-boosted bass when the highs are filtered would be amazing.
      Really looking forward to this

llemtt
      Participant

+1

Driven Crane
      Participant

+1

So it’s settled, Mr Eventide will give us a new tape delay and the option of running two delays in series withour patch cables laugh

Driven Crane
      Participant

Still there’s no news?

Bodde
      Participant

My gut feeling says something major is coming. I suspect a new hardware version of the H9 or something (H9 mark 2 or H10?). Something with more knobs and buttons that makes presets switching and effect teaking on the hardware itself more easy. It is not based on anything but we haven’t hear anything from the H9 in more than six months. I see this as calm before the storm….

mistercharlie
        Participant
        bodde wrote:

My gut feeling says something major is coming. I suspect a new hardware version of the H9 or something (H9 mark 2 or H10?). Something with more knobs and buttons that makes presets switching and effect teaking on the hardware itself more easy. It is not based on anything but we haven’t hear anything from the H9 in more than six months. I see this as calm before the storm….

I hope not, because I just bought a second H9!

the.godfather
        Participant
        mistercharlie wrote:
        bodde wrote:

I hope not, because I just bought a second H9!

Me too!

the.godfather
      Participant

I just bought a second H9 too!

Bodde
      Participant

I heard some rumours that a new H9 algo will be introduced at the coming NAMM?

thossie
      Participant

I second the motion on cab simulation algorithm.

All in favor?

Done. (Eventide?)

thossie
        Participant
        thossie wrote:
        I second the motion on cab simulation algorithm.

All in favor?

Done. (Eventide?)

tencentcat
      Participant

An amp/cab sim would be crazy handy for sure.

Also hoping for more glitchy kinda stuff.

macgee
      Participant

I believe new algos will come – I think we’re still at the early stages with the H9 type product

What do we know..

H9 uses an arm processor and the H9000 has 16 (4 quads Arms). They’ve been flat out getting that out the door and are now fine tuning.

Re algos, I think they’re still porting older H series DSP algos to Arm (cos many haven’t yet made it from older H series) but more importantly they will start to release new algos for which they claim Arm provides much more possiblities. With them fully invested in this architecture at minimum for the next 10 years (my feeling is much longer since the processors in H9000 are upgradeable), hopefully the H9 enjoys the ride too.

Multi-processor H90 or H900 on the horizon, next gen eclipse – capable of running multiple algos simultaneously in any order, etc..

Driven Crane
      Participant

i have bought a second Core.  I need more of algorithms!

Bodde
      Participant

It has been more than one year since Pitch Fuzz. Really wonder what Eventide future plans for the H9 are. Because it is so quiet one keeps wondering. Are they working on a new hardware version with more knobs? Or are they planning any new algo’s for the H9?

camn
      Participant
      davebrubaker
      Participant

Looks like Eventide removed the thread seeking beta testers. Hope they are considering the people who already repiied to the request.

gkellum
        Participant
        davebrubaker wrote:

Looks like Eventide removed the thread seeking beta testers. Hope they are considering the people who already repiied to the request.

We recorded the last half a dozen people who replied before deleting the thread. You should hear from us shortly.

davebrubaker
      Participant

Curious if anything is moving forward with the beta test? You don’t have to post this, just curious since I haven’t heard anything. Thanks!

Hermetech
      Participant

Would love to have the SP2016 Reverb algorithms added to the H9.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.