New Eclipse user… some Q’s

Home Forums Products Rackmount New Eclipse user… some Q’s

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      pala

Hi!  I'm a new Eclipse user, i use mine in a guitar stereo rack system.

I have some things that i still dont have it clear, i hope you can help me…

– I have V1.2, how easy is to upgrade to the current version if i get the Compact Flash Card with current OS version direct from Eventide? the card has in it everything needed to go from 1.2 to current? or i need to anything else?

– Guitar players, how you set your internal tempo? I use 3 different delay tempos in my different presets which are just a few, i set them manually per preset not using the tap button, but i have a problem, if i touch the tap tempo button, all my presets delay times are changed… currently the tap is activated, what will work best for me, turning it off? i don't really need the tap feature for now…

Thanks!

Pala

drooney

Hi Pala,

-When you purchase the Eclipse software update card from directly from us, this includes all of the software information required to update the OS of the unit with very little contribution from you. However, with the OS version that you state your Eclipse is on, V1.2, this is a very old version and will most likely require you to update the boot loader. Updating the boot loader will enable you to update the OS to the newer versions. However with the advent of our new website we no longer provide the boot loader to our customers, but I am currently looking into how we can assist you with this.

-In regard to the front panel tap button: you can certainly disable the front panel tap function by selecting; Setup>Tempo> and selecting the TAP SRC to "off". For more information on the tap tempo features and how you can work with them please review the "Altering the Effects" portion of the user manual. The manual is also available on the Eclipse Support page in .pdf format.
      Also, feel free to additionally reach out to other Eclipse users for their input as to how they work the tempo function within their rig.

pala

Thanks D.!

If i get that card with the OS from you, could that one bring also the boot loader thingin it?

What i don't really want is to have to send the unit back cause i did it all wrong, that's why i prefer to invest the $ to avoid problems Wink 

Regards

drooney

Hi Pala,

That is what I am currently waiting to hear back from our developers on.

I whole heartedly agree. Better to err on the side of caution than to be without your Eclipse.

drooney

Hello Pala,

We have now posted on the Eclipse support page, the bootloader that you will most likley need for your Eclipse. The version we posted is version 1.210. You can confirm what version bootloader you have by powering on your Eclipse and holding down the #3 key. Almost immediately a screen will appear and will display: "Boot P xxxxx V1.xx"

The mark V1.xx is the version your boot currently is. If it is anything less than 1.210 you will then need to update it.

On the Eclipse support page under "software updates" you will find the bootloader available for both PC and Mac users. Instructions are included and must be followed. Once you have updated the bootloader, you may proceed to updating to the 3.1 version. You might be able to update your Eclipse from your current OS version directly to the most recent release of 3.5beta 4, however we haven't tested this ourselves so I would advise to just follow the OS progression from your current OS to 3.1 to the current 3.5beta 4.

If you have any questions at all about this procedure feel free to email support@eventide.com.

Good luck!

pala

Hey D, how are you?

Just tried 10 times to find the info using the 3 and nothing shows, it starts up the same as always…

I tried pressing the 3 before and after turning the Eclipse on…

Regards

Pala

drooney

Hi Pala,

To assist you further with this matter, I will be emailing you personally.

Look for my email shortly.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.