NEW EVENTIDE H9 MAX DARK POWER PROBLEMS

Home Forums Products Stompboxes NEW EVENTIDE H9 MAX DARK POWER PROBLEMS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      jorch

Hello.

I own a white H9 Core (H9-31357) which I maxed it out several months ago and I have to say, It´s an amazing stompbox with great sounds and effects, and this one works smoothly as I could imagine. It has the latest software and It has worked flawlessly (never shutting down by itself or any other issue), being powered only by the default factory included power supply.

Despite It sounds and works amazing, I did not like much the white color, because most of my analog effects of my pedalboard are black, so when I saw the H9 MAX DARK LIMITED EDITION available on eBay and on, I said to myself “men I gotta have this”.

So, on  January 25th, I bought an H9 MAX DARK LIMITED EDITION on eBay from a seller named “eclectic-sounds” (3628). The serial number on this H9 MAX DARK is H9-37594; the USPS tracking was 9510815932520027450374.

The item arrived at a PO Box I´ve hired from eBay in order to import it to Mexico (because I´m from Cancun), and It arrived on February 17th to my Home (a few days ago). Once I got it in my hands, I proceeded to unbox it and plugged it on to the current using the provided factory Power supply, then I turned it on and worked apparently good for about 15 minutes in which I could see that it had the latest software (5.8.5.1) and in which I was trying to pair it with my iPhone app trough Bluetooth and to register on my Eventide account. After a while of turning the H9 MAX DARK on, it suddenly shut itself down, remaining some lights on without working, until it completely shut down.

At first, I thought It was my home power outlet so I plugged into another one, but the same thing happened, over and over. 

To discharge any factory power supply malfunction, I tried the factory power outlet from my other (white) H9 Core (I own another H9 white core which I maxed out a few months ago), but It was the same, my H9 MAX DARK kept shutting itself down. Just to clarify, before I try using the H9 core factory power supply, I verified that both power supplies (H9 Core and H9 Max Dark) where the same in/out current (9v-500mA on the White H9 and 9v-0.5A on the Dark Max, which of course, is the same current).

Also I have to say that, because I pair it to my iPhone BT, when my H9 MAX DARK shut off, my app showed messages like COMMUNICATION ERROR, or FAILED TO RETRIEVE STOMBOX PROTOCOL -See attached photos and videos-.

I´ve already been in contact with my eBay Seller “eclectic-sounds” (3628),  through it´s e-mail rep., Cameron Morgan. I was asked to try a factory reset and then to install/update again to the newest software (which I´ve already done); but at the end, the eBay seller just told me that I should contact you guys in order to get things solved. 

I also could verify a bunch of people with similar/the same issues in other H9´s. Here are some threads/forums in which I could find similar problems and listed suggestions as possible solutions:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/stompboxes/h9-power-issues

https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/stompboxes/h9-max-problems-not-turning-sometimes

I have to add that I´ve already made the factory reset as indicated on the manual; I already tried downloading the newest firmware and reinstalling by Bluetooth within the iPhone and also by USB trough the Mac OSX app (I have a MacBook Pro with MacOS Catalina 10.15.3).

NOTHING HAS WORKED. 

MY BRAND NEW H9 MAX DARK, STRAIGHT FROM UNBOXING SHUT DOWN IT SELF, AND DESPITE ALL OF EBAY´S SELLERS ADVISE AND FORUM RECOMMENDATIONS,  IT KEEPS SHUTTING DOWN.

I WANT TO MAKE VALID MY WARRANTY. I MEAN, IT´S A BRAND NEW UNIT WHICH IS PRESENTING FAILURES STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX.

THE PAST  WEEK I´VEE EVEN SENT YOU A BUNCH OF MESSAGES TO YOUR E-MAIL (support@eventide.com) BUT STILL I´M NOT GETTING ANY RESPONSE. 

PLEASE HELP ME OUT.

REGARDS,

JORGE

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Hi Jorge, sorry to hear that. Of course, your warranty is valid. I'll let my colleague know so you'll hear back from support@eventide.com soon!

donrwatters
      Participant

As a completely innocent bystander here, an owner of 2 H9’s, an H9000R and many Eventide plugins, Eventide support has been second to none. Why go through all of this when support will just take care of this? It feels unnecessary to go through all of these theatrics when support just works like it’s supposed to. I just don’t get it…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.