New FactorLib version???

Home Forums Products Stompboxes New FactorLib version???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      jb4674

Does anyone know if Eventide is going to release a new FactorLib version that will work with the stompboxes flashed with the latest firmware?  Please advise.  FactorLib won't recognize any of my pedals to back up presets after doing the update but was able to do so before applying the update.

Thanks

wilkinsi
      Participant

I don't have this problem and my Space is using 4.0.6 beta. What I would like though is a Factorlib which displays alphanumeric values for each knob and the parameters assigned to the expression pedal connected.

zikamuricpe

wilkinsi:

What I would like though is a Factorlib which displays alphanumeric values for each knob and the parameters assigned to the expression pedal connected.

+1

jb4674

Well, I called Eventide customer service and they told me to send an email to technical support.  I don't understand why a single Eventide staff member hasn't taken the time to reply to this thread.  There are several people affected by this problem and It's unfortunate that Eventide is not willing to do anything to fix this or even attempt to help.  I will write a seaparate reply to this thread and post my problem as accurately as possible.

jb4674

So here's a description of my problem…

I have 2 machines:

1. Win7 64-bit with 12GB of Ram desktop, Core i7 processor running at 2.8ghz.

2. Win7 32-bit with 2GB of Ram Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop, single core processor running at 2Ghz.

FactorLib was running just fine and I was able to use it to its full potential before updating the pedals to the new version (all pedals were on version 3.0)

As soon as I updated the pedals to version 3.5, FactorLib would freeze on my desktop or not even recognize the pedals (the bottom right status would say wait).  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software and it still doesn't work.

I have noticed that there are 4 files within the FactorLib directory corresponding to each factor when the application is installed (what exactly are they there for?)

As far as how I'm connecting the pedals to my box, I'm using a USB port on the motherboard (the same one that was used prior to doing the update).  All USB ports on my machine are USB 2.0 ports and it's the same on the laptop. 

For any Eventide staff member that is reading this thread, what type of USB driver is being used on all factor pedals?  Do you guys think that perhaps the driver might be corrupted after the firmware update?  Although Windows is recognizing the pedal without problems, something is preventing FactorLib from being able to access the pedal's information.  I would be more than happy to troubleshoot this issue with you guys so we can get to the bottom of this and help you all develop some type of remediation patch for all those that are affected by this.

Thanks in advance.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry. We cannot duplicate these problems, so it's hard for us to respond meaningfully.

jb4674:

As soon as I updated the pedals to version 3.5

Did you re-init the pedal before restarting FactorLib ? Worth a try.

jb4674:

I have noticed that there are 4 files within the FactorLib directory corresponding to each factor

These are the factory presets at the time FL was released, so it can be used off-line.

jb4674:

what type of USB driver is being used

The 'Factors use a class-compliant MIDI driver that is a part of the OS on both Mac and Windows. If for some reason it was corrupted, it would probably require the OS to be re-installed. You might want to try uninstalling the pedal and reconnecting it.

jb4674

Thanks for the tips Nick.  I'm going to try those and report back.

jb4674

Ok, so I had success in fixing my problem thanks to Nick's suggestions.  I re-initialized all my factors and FactorLib was able to recognize all of them.  So these were the steps I did:

1. Re-initialize pedal according to the manual

2. Plug USB into pedal once pedal was re-initialized

3. Open up FactorLib on my pc

4. Plug other end of USB cable into my pc

5. Go to midi configuration, selecting the appropriate factor pedal and hittinh "ok"

6. Go to "File" and select "Open From Midi" (or click the button on the toolbar

7. Watch the pedal do its thing.

Again, thank you Nick for your suggestions, I can now load presets on my pedals YesSmile

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.