New H9 core stuck in “UPDATE”

Home Forums Products Stompboxes New H9 core stuck in “UPDATE”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      mojyan

After I  finally update to 5.3 ver. It was still stuck at “UPDATE” . Maybe the HOTKNOB is broken so always on?

gkellum
        Participant
        mojyan wrote:

After I  finally update to 5.3 ver. It was still stuck at "UPDATE" . Maybe the HOTKNOB is broken so always on?

No, I don't think that's the problem.  Could you send an email to support@eventide.com with a link to this forum thread?  This kind of problem should go into our support system where we can track the problem more carefully…

mojyan
        gkellum wrote:

mojyan wrote:

After I  finally update to 5.3 ver. It was still stuck at “UPDATE” . Maybe the HOTKNOB is broken so always on?

No, I don’t think that’s the problem.  Could you send an email to support@eventide.com with a link to this forum thread?  This kind of problem should go into our support system where we can track the problem more carefully…

Thanks for your reply and I will send a email.

I uploaded a vedio to check the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpSwiwIB3Zw

mojyan

Hi

I got a new (not used ) H9 core yesterday and it worked correctly first.

But today when I connected the power the screen was stuck in “UPDATE” 

I first tried using iPad hope to update it but it said the pedalbox is not responding.

I have tried use iPhone 6 and USB connect  windows PC & Mac but it didn’t work.

When I use USB(Mac & PC) the H9 core screen would change to “READY” but it was still stuck.

I have tried holding HOTKNOB + right switch and it show “CLEAR” but the problem existed as well.  

The version is 5.2.0 when I got it.

Thanks for help. I really need it working. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hi Mr Mojyan. Sorry you are having trouble. Here are some things to do (in order):

1) Try and get the dealer to exchange it for another. If he is not keen…

2) The "HOTKNOB" switch may be jammed. Try and wiggle it a bit. If no good…

3) Power up the unit with the left footswitch held down. This will put it into test mode. Release the key – it should say "01 Test…" If any key is stuck, it will say "Test 4.6" or similar for about 5 seconds, then it will show "K_xxxx", where xxxx is the name of the key. If this is not the case…

4) Try and update it using Eventide Direct Updater over USB (see H9Control for more info). If no good…

5) Contact support@eventide.com, giving your purchase info and serial number.

marlongomes
      mojyan wrote:

Hi

I got a new (not used ) H9 core yesterday and it worked correctly first.

But today when I connected the power the screen was stuck in “UPDATE” 

I first tried using iPad hope to update it but it said the pedalbox is not responding.

I have tried use iPhone 6 and USB connect  windows PC & Mac but it didn’t work.

When I use USB(Mac & PC) the H9 core screen would change to “READY” but it was still stuck.

I have tried holding HOTKNOB + right switch and it show “CLEAR” but the problem existed as well.  

The version is 5.2.0 when I got it.

Thanks for help. I really need it working. 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry you are having trouble. It does sound like it is broken.

Since it is new, you should contact your dealer and see if they will exchange it.

Otherwise, try to update it again, and if unsucessful, you should contact support@eventide.com

Also, see my suggestions above.

bohan
      Eventide Staff

Your H9 is stuck in the UPDATE mode. You can reinstall the firmware using the Direct Updater on your PC/Mac via USB. The Direct Updater is bundled with H9 Control.

On Mac, you can open it by clicking "Window" -> "Open Eventide Direct Updater" in the menu bar.

On PC, you can just search "Direct Updater" in the Start menu.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.