New H9 issue “BT E2” ?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes New H9 issue “BT E2” ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      andyhX

I’ve just got a new, second, H9 (core), to add to my H9 max.

Up to now I haven’t got far as I can’t get it to connect to my ipad via bluetooth even when only one H9 is switched on. The new H9 shows “BT E2” during boot-up. When I try to connect via ipad on occasion the app appear to communicate (I’ve been asked for the serial No – but no blue light showing) but a message appears indicating a timeout error.

Does this H9 need to be returned due to faulty Bluetooth chip?

gkellum
      Participant

That error message indicates that there was a problem initializing the Bluetooth chip.  There are a variety of possible errors that can occur initializing that chip, and the E2 message you're seeing isn't one of the common ones.  My colleague, Nick, could say for sure what that particular error message means, but unfortunately, he's on vacation through the end of this week I believe.  You could try reinitializing the system settings of your H9 as that does help with a few of these sorts of errors.  To do so, turn your H9 off and then turn it back on with the right footswitch and the HotKnob switch in the upper left hand corner of the H9 pressed.  If that doesn't help, please send an email to support@eventide.com, and we'll follow up with you regarding the next steps…

eyeshift

oops…my H9 MAX just started giving me this message (BT e2) and the Bluetooth function is not working anymore. I can only connect via USB cable.

I already did all the regular troubleshooting described on this forum. Im afraid it´s an internal thing 🙁

gkellum
        Participant
        eyeshift wrote:

oops…my H9 MAX just started giving me this message (BT e2) and the Bluetooth function is not working anymore. I can only connect via USB cable.

I already did all the regular troubleshooting described on this forum. Im afraid it´s an internal thing 🙁

Well, I just spoke to my colleague Nick about the BT E2 error.  Unfortuntately, that means that the Bluetooth chip isn't able to connect to anything else internally in the H9, and you're going to need to send your H9 in to us for us to fix it.  If you don't mind sending an email to support@eventide.com, they can give you the details of the return process.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.