Home Forums Products Stompboxes New H9, left footswitch click

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      patroclo75
      Participant

Hi,

I have purchased my second H9 to replace my TimeFactor in assistance at your main office. I have noticed that the left footswitch, unlike the right one and the other older H9’s ones, is not silent but does a “click” when pressed in order to work correctly. If I don’t press until the bottom and make it “click”, the footswitch doesn’t work. Is it normal or is it defective? Even If I don’t use that footswicch very much because I midi control the H9, this potential issue annoys me for the reason that the pedal is new and certainly not cheap.

Thank you in advance for your reassurances,

Leonardo.

camn
      Participant

I don’t think mine does that- are you SURE it’s new?

There are different kinds of actual physical switches- I don’t know if that one was put in by Eventide, or someone else.. but switches with a ‘click’ are not inherently worse. So if it works, and you dont mind the feel of it, it is probably fine.

It does raise the question as to wether this pedal was refurbished or something, That is probably between you and the realtor, unless Eventide used some hard-click switches somewhere along the way, which is unlikely.

IF it was from a reputable realtor, you could go trade it in. 

If not, and you are stuck with it, and you dont mind the feel, you are probably good. IF you hate the feel… those switches are actually pretty easy to replace.

IIRC they are momentary (confirm this).. and only cost a couple bucks. 

THESE are very good, IMO.

Disassembly and replacement is trivial, if you can operate a soldering iron.

Herr Mosa
      Participant
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.