New H9 Won’t Connect to Bluetooth

Home Forums Products Stompboxes New H9 Won’t Connect to Bluetooth

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      drbob1
      Participant

I have a iPod Touch 5th gen with fully updated software, working correctly in any way I can figure. When I first plugged the H9 in it showed up on the Bluetooth list for a minute but while I was looking for the "PIN" (I know, it's the last 4 of the s/n, just didn't know it at the time) it timed out. Now it simply won't show up on the list at all. I've tried restarting the iPod, the H9, bluetooth on both devices… nothing. It simply doesn't show up on the list. I'd try another power supply, except the connector seems to be non-standard and so far, none of my tip positive power supplies will fit (including the Radio Shack one with multiple tips).

I tried searching here, but apparently the search function doesn't work. Any thoughts…?

AAgnello
      Eventide Staff

We've had some reports of blue tooth issues when not using the eventide power supply. One thing to try (unrelated to the supply) is turning bluetooth off and on. Press the x,y and z simultaneously to toggle bluetooth on/off. 

drbob1
      Participant

I have turned Bluetooth on/off multiple times. I've used the 9v Eventide adapter and an 11v adapter I found that fit. I've done a factory reset, both clear and initialize to the H9. I've checked bluetooth reception for my iPod by firing up an old earpiece I had around-which showed up instantly on the iPod. I've checked it isn't wall voltage by using 3 outlets. I've turned bluetooth on/off on the iPod, turned the iPod itself on off, confirmed the iPod will sync with my iMac. 

Any other thoughts? It seems to me likely that the Bluetooth functionality of my H9 is not working, and that's worrisome because it means that, even if I replace the H9, I can't download the free algorithm before Jan. 1! The Mac software to manage presets doesn't seem to exist at this time?

drbob1
      Participant

Problem solved-the iPod added the H9 to the "ignore" list of Bluetooth devices (which isn't documented anywhere on the iPod). Resetting network settings to factory, brought it back. The software is updating as we speak! I did have to reconfigure my wireless network after the reset, so it's not entirely trivial.

BTW, Eventide Forum Guys, why doesn't the search seem to do anything?

gkellum
      Participant

That's great!  

Incidentally, there is a Mac (and Windows) version of H9 Control that has all the functionality of the iOS version, which can be downloaded from here:  http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support/Stompboxes/H9.aspx

drbob1:

BTW, Eventide Forum Guys, why doesn't the search seem to do anything?

We're working on redoing Eventide's website.  Search should work better in the new site…

rickhigh

lo1 remains untittled. lo2 h92614 when pushed calls up preset list,is that normal ?

gkellum
        Participant
        rickhigh wrote:

lo1 remains untittled. lo2 h92614 when pushed calls up preset list,is that normal ?

I'm not sure what you mean here.  What is "lo1" and what is "lo2"? 

If you're in the preset list screen and press on the icon representing an H9, yes, it will call up the preset list that's currently stored on that H9.

Pylon7777
      Participant

When i hit all the buttons together it says bluetooth off. Hitting them again does nothing. Hitting any other key with it moves to patch settings.

bohan
        Eventide Staff

It takes a couple of seconds to turn it back on. Check the Bluetooth LED to make sure if it’s on or not

Pylon7777
      Participant

It just says bluoff and doesn’t change.  Bluetooth LED also stays off.

bohan
        Eventide Staff

That’s strange. If you press XYZ buttons again, the Bluetooth LED should be back lit.

If this didn’t work, you might want to try to factory reset your H9.

Pylon7777
      Participant

Did a factory reset. Still says bluoff and won’t change.

bohan
        Eventide Staff

After the factory reset, did the Bluetooth LED light up? It should. Please try connecting to the pedal right after the factory reset.

If this doesn’t work, please email support@eventide.com

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.