New Input Volume pedal control

Home Forums Products Stompboxes New Input Volume pedal control

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      kk66

I was trying this new feature after updating my H9 last night. I was hoping to finally have a solution to my long time researching for a delay pedal that allow me to play over trails controlling the input volume of the WET part of the signal but… the new H9 input volume feature works on the whole signal in fact muting the guitar when pedal is in the UP position. Am I missing something or it is supposed to work exactly like this?I’m really frustrated to find out how difficult is to have such a simple feature from an all digital pedal like the H9.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The Input Swell feature acts like a volume control on the input, before the effect, and thus will mute the guitar in the fully up position.  It may not be what you are looking for.

kk66

Thanks for the answer, I hope to get what I’m looking for some day.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

This wouldn't work in a mono setup (unless you had a simple 2 channel mixer, or another pedal to combine 2 channels, like another H9 or similar), but with the new Wet Dry Routing mode the Input Swell will only affect the Wet channel, the dry channel stays in tact on the other side.  So…. like I said, it's a slightly annoying workaround, but maybe there's something there you could work with? Do you have other pedals that will combine Stereo in and output a combined mono signal?  

With a stereo setup though, you can get what you want, b/c Wet Dry Routing mode allows you to save your presets in either Wet Dry configuration OR in regular Stereo mode.  

kk66

Thanks Wedelich, good to know that the new DRY/WET routing mode goes a step closer to my and many other delay’s users needs.  

Actually after the H9 I have a Strymon Flint in the chain, I’ll try to feed it with a stereo input to see if it sum stereo signals into mono output (not sure about that).

Thinking at how the input volume behave in wet/dry mode do you think it could be easy to make it work the same way in normal mode too with some future programming options/updates?

Thanks again for the tip, ciao.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.