New ModFactor – stuck in bypass!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes New ModFactor – stuck in bypass!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      DionLight99

I just got a new Modfactor but it is "stuck" in bypass mode like many others have posted, in play mode when I press the leftmost switch (active/bypass) the effect never engages, and the LED above the switch doesn't light, and in bank mode it does switch between banks.

But LED only lights when unit is first plugged into outlet.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

This looks like a repeated hardware problem. You should contact your dealer or support@eventide.com. Apologies….

axman53
      Participant

Yeah, my first ModFactor did exactly that out of the box. The nice people at Sweetwater.com sent a replacement NEXT DAY AIR at no charge to me, and they also sent a return shipping label for the defective unit. Oh well. It happens. My TimeFactor worked from the day I got it, no problem.

DionLight99

Sent this back to FullScaleOnline in Tulsa. Brandon is supposed to be sending a new one to me right away.

So why does this seem to be such a common issue with the Factor line of pedals?

bhaberman
      Participant
      Eventide Staff

As Nick touched on, there have been sporadic reports of intermittent footswitches.  Eventide will repair your unit should it have troublesome footswitch(es) under warranty even if beyond its 1-year warranty.  This hardware issue has been addressed, so we do not anticipate further problems.  Thanks for everyone's support and patience!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

This is a manufacturing problem with some units in a single batch of pedals that we only discovered after they had been sent out. We have taken steps to ensure that it will not recur and apologize deeply to those who suffer from it.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.