New plugins crashing Cubase (UltraReverb + UltraChannel)

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins New plugins crashing Cubase (UltraReverb + UltraChannel)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Baak
      Participant

Hours ago I purchased the UltraReverb + UltraChannel plugins.

After a while the iLok license manager crashes and immediately this causes Cubase to crash.

I have followed the recommendations given in the other post with almost the same title (New plugins crashing Cubase):

I deinstalled the plugins, reinstalled the iLok license manager again, deactivated and reactivated the plugins, then reinstalled them but again, after appr. 25 minutes iLok crashed again and Cubase with it.

After the crash I am no longer able to launch iLok, so I need to restart my PC in order to make it work again.

So to me iLok seems to be the troublemaker.

PS: Now after starting my PC and launching Cubase the programme keeps hanging when trying to initialise the VST 2.x Plug-In Manager.

At the same time I’m not able to launch the iLok license manager.

The H3000 and SP 2016 don’t cause any trouble.

I appreciate your help!

Best wishes Juergen

My system:

Win 7 64-bit // Intel Core i5, 3,2 Ghz // Cubase Pro 10.0.30

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hey Juergen-

Agreed that this sounds like an iLok problem.

I am guessing since you recently purchased these plugins, you recently downloaded the iLok License Manager. Even still, can you confirm that you are using the latest iLok License Manager? (www.ilok.com).

Additionally, do you have the iLok License Manager open when this crash occurs? You don't need to have the application running while using our plugins – just when you activate/deactivate licenses.

-Tom

Baak
      Participant

Hi Tom,

yes, I’ve downloaded the latest version from your website yesterday evening. Needless to say that now that I have deinstalled the Ultrareverb, Cubase is working again, though when I try to load the H3000, I get an error message (see jpeg). That’s because I haven’t restarted my PC and now iLok is corrupted.

Before I purchased, activated and installed the UltraChannel/Reverb bundle I didn’t have the slightest problems.

Baak
      Participant

So here goes my next attempt:

after I have uninstalled Ultrareverb and restarted my computer, I launched iLok, deactivated the reverb, asked for the demo version of it, activated it and…no problem in Cubase! 

That leads me to the conclusion that the license given to me is “corrupted” ?! 

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        Baak wrote:

after I have uninstalled Ultrareverb and restarted my computer, I launched iLok, deactivated the reverb, asked for the demo version of it, activated it and…no problem in Cubase! 

That leads me to the conclusion that the license given to me is "corrupted" ?! 

Hey Juergen-

Thanks for the additional info. I doubt the license is itself corrupted, or the issue here. I think it's more likely that there is something corrupted in the version of iLok License Manager you installed. I would try the following:

1. Deactivate UltraReverb and UltraChannel licenses in iLok License Manager
        2. Uninstall UltraReverb and UltraChannel (Control Panel – >Programs & Features->Uninstall a Program)
        3. Uninstall iLok License Manager (Download the latest version of the License Support installer from the front page of iLok.com, then run the "Uninstall License Support Script")
        4. Reinstall iLok License Manager using the installer you downloaded in the previous step
        5. Reinstall UltraReverb and UltraChannel
        6. Activate the licenses in iLok License Manager, then close iLok License Manager
        7. Launch Cubase

Let me know how that goes.

-Tom

Baak
        Participant

Hi again,

I followed the procedure you proposed, unfortunately to no avail.

Cubase will not crash immediately. I can run the programme for some 20-30 minutes and the reverb is doing fine and then iLok will sort of “terminate”.

As soon as Cubase crashes, I’m no longer able to open iLok afterwards. It just won’t respond anymore.

And I was celebrating to soon: also the demo-version of Ultrareverb crashed after some 20-25 minutes!

Of course I made sure (by checking the Help menu), I run the latest version of iLok.

I will now uninstall & deactivate both plug-ins to see, if at least the H3000 is doing its job without iLok crashing after a while.

If that is the case, this would prove that iLok is not the actual problem [Bear in mind, before I registered the channel/reverb bundle I never had a single crash or any trouble at all (using the H3000 plus the same iLok version that is now causing this mess)!].

Tell me, is it possible on your side to remove the purchased (channel/reverb bundle from my account (in case everything fails), so that it won’t appear in the license manager anymore?

Thanks – Juergen

tlongabaugh wrote:

Baak wrote:

That leads me to the conclusion that the license given to me is “corrupted” ?! 

Hey Juergen-

Thanks for the additional info. I doubt the license is itself corrupted, or the issue here. I think it’s more likely that there is something corrupted in the version of iLok License Manager you installed. I would try the following:

1. Deactivate UltraReverb and UltraChannel licenses in iLok License Manager
        2. Uninstall UltraReverb and UltraChannel (Control Panel – >Programs & Features->Uninstall a Program)
        3. Uninstall iLok License Manager (Download the latest version of the License Support installer from the front page of iLok.com, then run the “Uninstall License Support Script”)
        4. Reinstall iLok License Manager using the installer you downloaded in the previous step
        5. Reinstall UltraReverb and UltraChannel
        6. Activate the licenses in iLok License Manager, then close iLok License Manager
        7. Launch Cubase

Let me know how that goes.

-Tom

Baak
      Participant

Another update…

After I had Ultrachannel & Ultrareverb uninstalled and deactivated I restarted my computer, launched Cubase (only with the H3000 and SP 2016 on board) but after 1 hour Cubase crashed because the iLok prg terminated again. So these new purchases are apparently killing everything now.

Therefore I would like to ask you again, if it is possible that you remove Ultrachannel & Ultrareverb from my account (unless you have any other idea for solving the problem).

Then I could do another testing, if the other plug-ins run without crashing Cubase after a while. Thanks – Juergen

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hey Juergen-

Could you try running Cubase as administrator, to see if that solves your issue?

To do so:

Go to Start Menu->Type in "Cubase"->Right-click and select "Run as Administrator"

-Tom

Baak
        Participant

I did. I’ll have to wait and see how iLok will respond. Now I wonder what this is good for since this is certainly not the way I would like to work with on a long term basis.

I want to get back to the old status where everything was running fine!

So for the third time: in case there`s no remedy for this, are you guys able to delete both Ultra plugins from my account and eventually provide me with a new license number?

tlongabaugh wrote:

Hey Juergen-

Could you try running Cubase as administrator, to see if that solves your issue?

To do so:

Go to Start Menu->Type in “Cubase“->Right-click and select “Run as Administrator

-Tom

Baak
      Participant

Hi there,

first of all here’s the good news: I ran Cubase (with admin rights) yesterday for 3 hours with all Eventide plugins and no crashes! Thanks a lot, Tom!

Nevertheless I would like to understand what makes the difference! Could you explain?

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        Baak wrote:

Hi there,

first of all here's the good news: I ran Cubase (with admin rights) yesterday for 3 hours with all Eventide plugins and no crashes! Thanks a lot, Tom!

Nevertheless I would like to understand what makes the difference! Could you explain?

Hey, glad to hear that it's working!

The admin rights tip is something we've found working through similar issues with other customers. I suspect it is something to do with how Cubase and iLok permissions are interacting, but I'm in touch with iLok to find out more.

Also, since you asked, removing the licenses from your account wouldn't have an effect on the crashing issue. The issue seems to be with the software, not the licenses themselves.

I can report back when I have more concrete info.

-Tom

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.