New Preset Sharing Feature

Home Forums Administrivia Website Discussion New Preset Sharing Feature

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      nsanchez
      Eventide Staff

As you may know, Dropbox will be discontinuing public sharing later this week (March 17, 2017 to be exact), which would mean the end of the current stompbox preset sharing folders. We’ve been hard at work to create a new (and hopefully better) way to share your H9 Presets directly from our website.

Highlights

• Share your presets for H9, TimeFactor, PitchFactor, ModFactor and Space
      • Presets are listed by author, algorithm, product, instrument and effect
      • Full keyword search and you can filter by product
      • Attach sound samples for your presets via SoundCloud or YouTube

Just export any preset from H9 Control and login to the site. Under the Community menu you’ll see a link for Preset Sharing, or visit:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/presets

Quick Start

• Anyone can browse and download presets.
      • To add presets you must be logged in.
      • You will be able to edit your preset or delete it (provided you are logged in)
      • You can upload presets from Mac or PC. 
      • You can download presets from Mac, PC or iOS (provided you have H9 Control installed)

This feature is still in beta and your feedback and suggestions are welcome. We plan to continue adding features to the preset sharing section of the site, so stay tuned!

We will add comments to this thread with updates on preset sharing. Subscribe by posting a comment.

Thanks for keeping us inspired!

joegrant413
      Participant

Hi,

I’m a bit confused. Based on your announcement, I’m expecting the DropBox folder to go away.

Yesterday, a bunch of files were deleted from DropBox. Today, a bunch of files are added to the Eventide Dropbox folder. What’s up with that?

Thanks,

– Joe

jgoldbach
      Participant

HI Joe,

I'm not a Dropbox expert, so I might cause more confusion if I answer your question directly. What I will say is that we've wanted to build a preset sharing feature for a very long time and Dropbox's announcement was the kick in the pants we needed. I imagine that either this week or next, we'll pull down the Dropbox folders that still exist and archive them offline, just in case. Thanks for your comment.

cromag31

everytime i try to download a user preset it shows up blank in my downloads! why?

admin
        Participant
        cromag31 wrote:

everytime i try to download a user preset it shows up blank in my downloads! why?

Sorry for your difficulty. I'll need some additional details to help you out. Your OS, Browser and the URL where you tried to download it should be enough to help you out. 

joshofsorts
      Participant

@brock You share so many great presets on here, would you consider uploading them to the Preset Share site, or would you be o.k. with others sharing your presets on there but giving you full credit? I have been digging through these forums for preset ideas and realize most of them have not made it to the Preset Share site (not just yours)…

brock
        Participant
        joshofsorts wrote:
        @brock You share so many great presets on here, would you consider uploading them to the Preset Share site, or would you be o.k. with others sharing your presets on there but giving you full credit? I have been digging through these forums for preset ideas and realize most of them have not made it to the Preset Share site (not just yours)…

Hey, Josh.  Thanks.  I put them all out there as ‘public domain’, so I don’t mind consolidating to the preset sharing concept.  It does kind of irk me when I see those same presets online renamed, with maybe a random tweak from 90 to 89.  But what can you do?

The ‘history’ of my preset sharing went something like this:

1. Text Parameter List
        2. Faked Photoshop Stompbox
        3. Old Updater Lo-Res Screenshot
        4. H9 Control App Screenshots (the all-stompbox update)
        5. Preset Lists / Old DropBox Preset format
        6. Eventide Site Preset Share Feature
        7. [Current Studio Relocation & Makeover / Android Support]

At #4.), I thought the best option was H9 Control Screenshots, plus expression pedal / HotSwitch settings.  It allowed for preset variables and (not so brief) explanations.  The Preset Lists usually covered a specific purpose, or type of effect.

No real excuse for not using #6.), between #5.) and #7).  That is, until #7). took over my life … There’s just not enough time left over (yet).  I was in the process of trying to compile ‘intelligent’ Preset Lists from my own archives.  I do want my own backup to whatever online entity that I upload to.  That original obsolete DropBox format scared me off a bit.

jgoldbach
      Participant

Hi brock,

Thank you again for all your contributions to the H9 ecosystem. We can probably assist in helping you to move presets over to the Preset Sharing section. Let me know if you're interested and I'll email you.

brock
        Participant
        jgoldbach wrote:
        Hi brock, Thank you again for all your contributions to the H9 ecosystem. We can probably assist in helping you to move presets over to the Preset Sharing section. Let me know if you’re interested and I’ll email you.

I would really like to thank Eventide staff (including the summer interns doing the grunt work).  I see that they’ve been weeding through all my posts; rebuilding + uploading the final presets.  I just wasn’t in the position to do it myself, ‘specially after I let the volume of preset descriptions & lists get out of control.

torr71
      Participant

where is the H9 preset sharing page?

thanks

jm345
      Participant

where is the H9 preset sharing page? thanks

Good question. I can’t find it either. Thanks

Russs
      Participant

Please excuse my Forum ignorance. I rarely find myself in them, but I would like to get some advice from someone. I recently entered the “Open My Eyes Remix” and know nothing about the Soundcloud and how to submit my mix to it. Apparently it require a proper URL but I need a clue how to do that with what I’ve mixed in my DAW. Can anyone help me?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.