New question about number of effects per algorithm

Home Forums Products Stompboxes New question about number of effects per algorithm

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      epicesquire
      Participant

So I hopped on board the H90 hype train and ordered one

I have never used an Eventide pedal and I know you can run 2 algorithms at a time with the H90 but, I cannot find any information on how many effects you can use within each algorithm

If anyone can advise, I would truly appreciate it — thank you

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hello epicesquire, and welcome to the Eventide family! The short answer to your question is it depends on the algorithm. Here’s a fact – each algorithm can only run one preset; however, within an Eventide algorithm there could be many processes – many effects – going on at once. For example, many of the reverb algorithms feature a modulation component and EQ/tone controls, just like some delays. There are even reverbs that have an echo component on top of reverb. One of my favorite algorithms, SpaceTime, is really three effects in one – modulation, dual vintage delay, and plate reverb. Another Eventide monster algorithm is PitchFuzz that features fuzz distortion, three voice chromatic harmonies and dual delay. So you see, even though we get two algorithms with a preset each, depending on the one you choose, you’re getting much more than just one “effect” at a time.

epicesquire
      Participant

Thank you for that explanation

So, does that mean I cannot create my own algorithms?

For example, if i wanted a chorus, delay, pitch shifter and reverb chain, would I need to find an algorithm that already contained those and then edit it?  Would I be able to change the types of each effect within the algorithm?

I guess I am thinking of this unit in the wrong way as I thought it was more like a traditional multi-FX pedal where I could create my own presets from scratch picking and choosing each effect

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Thank you for that explanation So, does that mean I cannot create my own algorithms?

Correct.

For example, if i wanted a chorus, delay, pitch shifter and reverb chain, would I need to find an algorithm that already contained those and then edit it?

Correct.

Would I be able to change the types of each effect within the algorithm?

Not in the traditional sense. But, there are algorithms that have multiple effect styles in them that you can choose from. For example, the Phaser algorithm features five different types of phasing to choose from. In other words, we may only work within the architecture of the chosen algorithm.

I guess I am thinking of this unit in the wrong way as I thought it was more like a traditional multi-FX pedal where I could create my own presets from scratch picking and choosing each effect

You have the option of picking two algorithms to work together and editing them. Eventide effects are deep and that’s what makes you sound unique compared to others that use simpler, traditional effects.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.